Cleaning clear hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BetterSense

Reaction score
Like everyone else I use clear plastic hose to do my racking and siphoning, but it bothers me that I can't really scrub out the inside of it. Does anyone do anything special to clean the inside of their hose? Do you replace it regularly or use it forever? I've never had an infection yet and I'm trying to keep it that way.

Like everyone else I use clear plastic hose to do my racking and siphoning, but it bothers me that I can't really scrub out the inside of it. Does anyone do anything special to clean the inside of their hose? Do you replace it regularly or use it forever? I've never had an infection yet and I'm trying to keep it that way.

I use a 2 gal plastic paint bucket, hot water and dish soap and my auto siphon to pump the soapy water through the tubing before and immediately after use, rinsing well. This cleans my tubing and the auto siphon in one operation. I too replace tubing after about a year's service.

Latest posts

Back