So I finally bought a brewing kit, and was going to start brewing. The kit I had purchased was a 5 gallon American Wheat. I wanted to start very simple.
This is what I had planned on doing. I was going to split the 5 gallons into 2x 2.5 gallon brews. Brew A was going to go directly by the recipe with of course decreasing every thing by half.
And Brew B I was planning on getting just a little creative. I was hopping to add some Honey and some Orange peels.
My hopes are that Brew A was straight by the recipe. And Brew B would be very similar with a little bit higher Alcohol content, with a little bit sweater (but not too much) taste with a bit of an orange citrus taste. This way I will be able to taste the two, and compare the two to determine how I will make my 3rd batch.
Soo my question:
1) For Brew B, How much Honey should i add for 2.5 gallons?
2) will any Honey do? How many Oranges should I use?
3) How do i prepare the orange peels?
4) When do I place the peels into the fermenter?
5) Any other ingredients I might add to Brew B in order to achieve a higher alcohol content with a sweater orange citric taste?
6) This is the kit I purchased. http://www.monsterbrew.com/Prod_Maes...anWheatkit.cfm
I have seen people hadding in like sugar, and other products to the similar beer im trying to make....Do i need to purchase any other ingredients? or will this kit do just fine for my first brews?