I am falling apart.... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I am falling apart....

Old 04-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #11
ayrton

Recipes 

Aug 2006
South Jersey
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If it makes you feel any better, I'm only 25, but I went on a long run last night, and I feel like crap today. I also have had a clicking sound in my knee whenever I put weight on it for a little over a year now, and I've no idea what it is.
Conditioning: None
Drinking: None (!)
Recently Kicked: None
Up Next: Beats me!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #12
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Chester, VA
Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton
If it makes you feel any better, I'm only 25, but I went on a long run last night, and I feel like crap today. I also have had a clicking sound in my knee whenever I put weight on it for a little over a year now, and I've no idea what it is.
Get an X-ray before it gets worse, and you'll know when it gets worse.

My knees are pretty much shot, I had some cartilege removed from my left knee and now it clicks when I climb the stairs.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #13
ayrton

Recipes 

Aug 2006
South Jersey
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin' Lion
Get an X-ray before it gets worse, and you'll know when it gets worse.

My knees are pretty much shot, I had some cartilege removed from my left knee and now it clicks when I climb the stairs.
Woohoo! Sounds like I could be in for some fun.
Conditioning: None
Drinking: None (!)
Recently Kicked: None
Up Next: Beats me!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #14
EmptyH
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Northern KY
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthebear
But that's better than partially dislocating my shoulder everytime I sneezed.
I hear ya on that one. I have dislocated my shoulder several times as well. Once quite literally from a sneeze.
Drinking- English Brown Ale, Amber Belgian Ale

Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #15
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

May 2005
Castleton NY
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

All I can say Dude is WAH WAH WAH don't be a crybaby. Wait till you get to be my age, AARP has me on speed dial now. Both my shoulders are shot, I have two bad discs in my lower back and I've jammed both my thumbs so many times that my wife has to open the pickle jars because i can't grip them. They came to the decison that the only thing that would help my back is surgery but I'm allergic to that

Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #16
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 

Sep 2005
West Monroe, Louisiana
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

What Second St. said. You don't know what falling apart is until you can't sit through a whole movie in a theater without it feeling like someone is jabbing a knife into your knee.

I have three words of advice for you: aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen.

Re: curmudgeon-ism. That is the best part. You get to be grumpy and crabby about everthing. Life is gooood... no, wait! what am I saying? the world sucks. Things are nothing like they were back in the good ole days.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #17
DraconianHand
nudge, nudge, wink, wink
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
There was the time I ran over some partially buried barbed wire with the lawn mower and tried to remove it without gloves--mangled the hand pretty bad.
Next time, turn the mower off.

Ferminatin' - Route 666 Pale Ale

Figurin' to do - Oatmeal Stout, Gueuze, Belgian Blonde, Mild, English Pale Ale, Weizenbock

Old 04-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #18
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7845 Times on 5497 Posts

That sucks, Dude. I do notice a few more aches and pains nowdays- I can't run anymore because of my old knees. I remember my doctor telling me that old jocks really suffer because all the years of pounding the body takes have a cumulative effect.

One thing nice about getting older is it impresses younger people when you kick their *ss. My daughter's last boyfriend was quite a jock, so last fall we went out in the yard to play ultimate frisbee. This does involved full body contact if required. I had a walking cast on (broken leg), and my husband is 52 years old. We knocked the heck out of this 17 year old cocky kid. He ended up quiting and limping inside. Definitely looked at us with new respect when we told him to have her home at 11:00 PM that night.

Anyway, good luck with the back. I know it's hard to think about anything when your back hurts.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #19
Brewiz

Recipes 

May 2005
Stockbridge, Ga
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Dude, don't play around with the back pain get it checked out soon, I screwed around and did not do what I needed to do and ended up having surgery. Had not had any problems since (knocking on head).....

Old 04-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #20
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts

Who would have thought that middle-aged guys who are obsessed with beer would be so out of shape?
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.