I am falling apart.... - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I am falling apart....

Old 04-04-2007, 03:49 AM   #1
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

About a month ago...I noticed a slight sharp pain in my left arm/shoulder. I went to the doc because I couldn't do a push up without pain. Turns out I have a partially torn rotator cuff.

Then last week I lifted something I shouldn't have, and felt a slight pain in my lower back. It steadily got worse. I went to Minnesota/Wisconsin this weekend and Friday the back flared up bad. It was like I had a fire between my discs. The fire went away but now it is really stiff and aches. Now I'm going to have to go to the doc for this. Ugh. Dammit.

Getting old sucks.

I hate that I can't lift like I used to.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 04-04-2007, 03:50 AM   #2
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts

Dude....you're falling apart. Fingers, shoulders, etc. Is your warrantee still good?
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:53 AM   #3
EdWort

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 336 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Getting old sucks.

I hate that I can't lift like I used to.
Welcome to the Club, the Old Fart's Club.

I think you can get an OFC discount on Better Bottles.

Sorry to hear about. I know all bout the pain. A little homebrew goes a long way though.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:53 AM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

Dude, you're turning into an old f*ck. The only good news is that you can soon become a curmudgeon. That's one of my goals in life, I want to be a crusty old curmudgeon.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 04-04-2007, 03:59 AM   #5
RichBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 166 Times on 87 Posts

It sucks that you are going through all that. You can be assured that it only gets worse.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:01 AM   #6
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Dude....you're falling apart. Fingers, shoulders, etc. Is your warrantee still good?
LOL....fingers are commonplace for me--I've had so many nsty cuts on my hands I can't even count them anymore....

There was the time I ran over some partially buried barbed wire with the lawn mower and tried to remove it without gloves--mangled the hand pretty bad.

Then there was the time ripped open a good part of my pinky finger on a glass shard--I didn't even know I did it until my girlfriend asked me what the purple stuff was on the floor of the kitchen. Then we looked at my shirt and it was all bloody there too. Finally I figured out it was coming from my hand.

And then there was the time I sliced my index finger with a box cutter. That was so deep I could see bone. I actually had to get stitches for that one.

And then numerous other knucklebuster cuts and scrapes....I always have some kind of scab or bandage on my hand.

But this muscular stuff is new to me.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 AM   #7
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Damn, I had to check your profile to see how old you were. For some reason I though you were a few years older than me and not just a month. I haven't started to fall apart yet, but it must be coming.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 AM   #8
feedthebear
Recipes 

Sep 2006
Utah
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I had my left shoulder fixed 10 years ago. I was dislocating my shoulder all the time. What they did to me, they said was a lot like a rotator cup surgery.

What the doc. told me at the time was if they scoped it, it would heal fast but there was a 50% chance they would have to go back in later. If they did open surgery, it would be a month before they let me do any physical therapy, but they would never have to go back in.

I told him to cut me open because he wasn't going to get me back in there a second time.

I didn't get everything back. I lost 10% of my range of motion when I fully extend my arm backwards, like I'm throwing a baseball. But that's better than partially dislocating my shoulder everytime I sneezed.
Drinking: Cab.Sav/Merlot Wine, Grand Cru, Hazelnut Stout #3, Ordinary Bitter

Old 04-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #9
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
LOL....fingers are commonplace for me--I've had so many nsty cuts on my hands I can't even count them anymore....

There was the time I ran over some partially buried barbed wire with the lawn mower and tried to remove it without gloves--mangled the hand pretty bad.

Then there was the time ripped open a good part of my pinky finger on a glass shard--I didn't even know I did it until my girlfriend asked me what the purple stuff was on the floor of the kitchen. Then we looked at my shirt and it was all bloody there too. Finally I figured out it was coming from my hand.

And then there was the time I sliced my index finger with a box cutter. That was so deep I could see bone. I actually had to get stitches for that one.

And then numerous other knucklebuster cuts and scrapes....I always have some kind of scab or bandage on my hand.

But this muscular stuff is new to me.
Whoever said that being a meteorologist isn't dangerous?
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 AM   #10
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

My warranty sucks. I'm starting to think I was built on a Friday.

Right foot injured and now gone chronic pain. (work injury)
16 days straight of bad pain between my left shoulder blade and my spine.

Strained my lower back the other day lifting a keg with one arm.

I want a rebuild. Knew I should have leased...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository