Free shipping!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know a bunch of you are getting geared up to start working on your systems again.. It is that time of year!!!

I am going to run a HBT only "special" till Thursday Sept 1st 2011...

Free shipping on all USA orders over $80.00 that include a False Bottom in the order!

We do now offer grain on the website at KILLER prices :D!

Respond to this thread and I will PM you the promo key if you want to order.

Cheers:mug:
Jay

Definitely interested! I have read nothing but great reviews on your false bottoms, and I have just acquired 3 brand new sankey kegs in need of conversion. Will be sending PM as well, as I have a few questions.

PMs have been sent. Thanks guys... Most all FB orders are going out next day depending on when the order comes in, and how custom it is. I will be shipping 2-3 priority for this offer as well so you wont have to wait 9 days to get your stuff.

Cheers
Jay

What size false bottoms are a good fit for a converted sanke keg

What size false bottoms are a good fit for a converted sanke keg

The 15" is the most common for the Sanke keg conversion kits....If your going to direct fire at all go that route.. If not, a 13" or a 12" will do. You will loose a little on the efficiency side and the flow speed side but they will work just fine. I used a 12" for years. Got into the 15" and my efficiency jumped from 75% to 90% ....

Thanks for the requests guys!!!

PM's for the free shipping have been sent.

Cheers
Jay

Can I get the promo code also? Thanks!

By the way, I have a 12" round 32 quart kettle that I use as my boil kettle. I plan to order a 12" false bottom, and probably make a stand and drill the hole to my exact specs. But right now, I have a typical kettle valve with kettle screen installed, and the CENTER of that system is about 1.5" above the bottom of my flat bottom kettle. Assuming I position the false bottom so that it is about 3/4" above the bottom of my kettle, is the remaining 1/2" to 3/4" above that false bottom enough to get one of your dip tubes to bend down into the hole in the false bottom? Does that make sense?

I guess basically what I'm asking is how much room do you need to make that 90 degree elbow down in your dip tube? Can the center of dip tube to bottom of diptube opening be about 1" to 1-1/4", or is that too short?

I only ask this because I've been using this system for a while and the hole in the kettle has already been drilled. Thanks!

Free shipping to Hawaii too?
You bet! This is for ALL HBT users in the USA with orders over $80 that have a fasle bottom in the order. PM sent
Can I get the promo code also? Thanks!

By the way, I have a 12" round 32 quart kettle that I use as my boil kettle. I plan to order a 12" false bottom, and probably make a stand and drill the hole to my exact specs. But right now, I have a typical kettle valve with kettle screen installed, and the CENTER of that system is about 1.5" above the bottom of my flat bottom kettle. Assuming I position the false bottom so that it is about 3/4" above the bottom of my kettle, is the remaining 1/2" to 3/4" above that false bottom enough to get one of your dip tubes to bend down into the hole in the false bottom? Does that make sense?

I guess basically what I'm asking is how much room do you need to make that 90 degree elbow down in your dip tube? Can the center of dip tube to bottom of diptube opening be about 1" to 1-1/4", or is that too short?

I only ask this because I've been using this system for a while and the hole in the kettle has already been drilled. Thanks!

That is a real tight bend for me.. I need 2.25" for a full 90 deg bend.
Just a thought though, why not make the stand tall enough to go "above" the drain and have the diptube under the false bottom? then we can make the diptube any size you need and it doesent have to be a full 90 deg bend?

Thanks a bunch for everyone that has ordered so far!
Cheers
Jay

I'd love a code too. I need a false bottom for a round 10-gallon Gott cooler. Is 12 in ok?

Depends on the cooler and when it was made..I cut those custom for each one.... But I see your in Canada, This FREE SHIPPING offer is for all USA orders. But PM me we can work something out some and get you fixed up.

Cheers
Jay

I'm looking at the 10" for a 5G igloo. What is the purpose/benefit of adding the stand? How high does the false bottom dome sit up without the stand?

I'm looking at the 10" for a 5G igloo. What is the purpose/benefit of adding the stand? How high does the false bottom dome sit up without the stand?

The false bottom sits flat without the stand. Standard height of the stand for the coolers are 2" this gets the False Bottom above the spigot of the cooler.

PM's Sent

Cheers
Jay

Back