So its been a while, but I've finally made some progress. I installed a spa panel w/ 50A breaker.
I surface mounted an outlet directly on the panel. This is to be the source for the control panel.
Here is a shot of the wiring:
Here is the panel energized for the first time:
This is a shot of me testing. The cannon connectors on the bottom right will go to the heat exchanger and HLT, and contain the RTD wiring, float switch cutout, and stirrer wiring. The outlet is for the pump. The hole is for a future connection to a grant float switch, once I can snag a connector from work.
Here I've got the RTD rigged up for testing. I haphazardly dropped the metal wire jacket into an energized lug and properly tested the GFCI. Barely felt a tingle!
Here is the cord end of the cannon connectors. These things are sweet.
Next up is building the HLT and HEX. Stay tuned.