DIY Font Help - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > DIY Font Help

Old 08-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
punkin
Recipes 

Mar 2011
sydney, nsw
Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Hi, im in the process of converting a 300 litre freezer into a kegerator and have decided that i will have my font coming out the side of the collar so as not to interfere with the opening of the lid.

Talked to my friendly tig man today. He has some lovely 316 pipe there in 2.5". Will that be ok with the standard adaptors (i think i saw they were for 3" pipe?)

I'm designing my own font system to go on one end (right end while facing) of the freezer coming out of the wooden collar.

I'll be buying 4 perlick taps (525ss) and the adaptors to suit and possibly putting one adaptor in one end spare for a counter pressure bottle filler.

Question now is what design for the font. I can't get the 316 pipe bent because it's too heavy in the wall and will either crimp or break the benders. So it's welded.

It has to come off a vertical wall, but the question is.. do i make a horseshoe/bikerack style open loop and have the taps coming off the top pipe (upside down U shape) or do i do a traditional T shape?

I will have a small fan circulating the cold air inside the freezer, and i'm thinking that a u shaped font (with two connections to the freezer) will allow the cold air to circulate through and cool the lines in the font better than a t shape.

Opinions?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
MooMooBrew
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Willow Glen, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

what exactly do you mean by "font"? generally that term is used in typography, see here.

Please clarify so we can help you.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
Rivenin
Recipes 

Dec 2010
McMinnville, Oregon
Liked 328 Times on 255 Posts

it sounds like he is talking about one of these. when he mentioned the T and the 4 taps.

Kegged Berlinerweisse - Centennial blonde with Huell Mellon hops - same blonde but dry hopped with ella
240v - 4500w electric two tier

Old 08-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
punkin
Recipes 

Mar 2011
sydney, nsw
Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Don't worry about it, it's all too hard.

I'll figure it out for myself (font )

Old 08-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Berniep
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Greensburg IN
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I built my own Times Helvetica once but I screwed it up and it ended up looking like wingding.