Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Dry Hopped Cider

Old 10-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #21
sirmichael
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I bottled last night and ended up with 30 bottles. I used carbonation tabs since my last cider batch is severely over carbed and I batch primed that one.

We'll see in three weeks how it turns out.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #22
johnny5000
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoogaloo View Post
I'll be following this thread and plan to try my hand at a hopped cider soon. I regularly drink New Day Meadery's ReThinker apple/blueberry dry hopped cider. MAN is that stuff good!

http://newdaymeadery.com/product_offerings
Seconded on this. That ReThinker is great.
I'm going to try to recreate it when I get a little better at brewing.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:03 AM   #23
HeidiHo
Recipes 

i too am a fan of finn fiver's dry hopped cider, and am missing it having recently moved from seattle to salt lake city... looking to dry hop a single gallon of a dry sparkling cider that i just racked into secondary tonight. any suggestions on type of hops and amounts? anybody had good results. i love hops, but am new to the whole cider experience.
thanks!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
america
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiHo View Post
i too am a fan of finn fiver's dry hopped cider, and am missing it having recently moved from seattle to salt lake city... looking to dry hop a single gallon of a dry sparkling cider that i just racked into secondary tonight. any suggestions on type of hops and amounts? anybody had good results. i love hops, but am new to the whole cider experience.
thanks!!!
It's not much help but I do know that Finn River uses Cascade hops. I would think Citra would be a good choice as well, but that's just a guess.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #25
sirmichael
Recipes 

I used .5 oz of Cascade in a 3 gallon batch. I bottled it a week ago so I can't provide any feedback other than it smelled great.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #26
thanantos
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBrewer View Post
I've seen a recipe for a creamy oat cider and it only had .5 oz for 5 gallons. Might want to use less than an ounce, but I want to see how this turns out!
MMMMM, got a link for that?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #27
sirmichael
Recipes 

Tried the first bottle of my batch last night and it turned out great. It smelled like grass and hay and had a very slight hop taste to it with great apple notes.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #28
UphillBothWays
Recipes 

Default dry-hopped

I found this thread on a web-search for dry-hopped cider. I've made quite a few batches of cider, but never really thought seriously about putting any hops in because the light body didn't seem like it would stand up to it. I have been trying to build a sessionable IPA, and so far without success. I'm about ready to give up, although maybe the right yeast could give me the body I'm lacking...?

Anyway I really love the hop profile of my latest attempt, and when I just finished the dregs of a glass, I thought "That hop flavor (minus the bittering) would be GREAT on a glass of cider." Who else has tried this? For what it's worth, the main late addition / dry hops in my beer were citra and crystal.

So I'm curious to see what others have to report, and will add my two cents when I've made a batch.

Ben

Old 11-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
ChasidicCalvinist
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I brewed this up using .7oz of cascade. I think it tastes amazing. I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on what other hops might go well with cider?

http://acts2815.wordpress.com

Old 12-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #30
sirmichael
Recipes 

Today while bottling another batch of brew I dropped a shot of Fireball in a pint of my dry hopped cider. It was absolutely delicious!!!