Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > What propane equipment is needed for a brew tree?

Old 08-11-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
DUNDASJ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default What propane equipment is needed for a brew tree?

I'm gathering up all the material to build a brew tree and I'm uncertain about what all I need to buy as far as the propane side off it its going to have two burners and at least need 8 ft of hose. Do I need a high or low pressure burner? How many btu's. What kind of fittings? Regulators? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
mikeal
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I haven't built a brew tree, but since no one else has chimed in, I'll throw in my 2 cents. High pressure regulator to distribution manifold to individual valves to banjo burners. The manifold can just be a length of iron pipe with tees to the valves.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
bendavanza
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Depends on how fancy you want it to be. I just swap the hose from burner to burner. I never need to run them both unless I'm doing back to back brewing, in which case i'd have an extra tank handy anyway. I have a standard hp turkey fryer type burner for the HLT and (now) a HP big banjo burner for the BK. The banjo is nice for getting the wort to a boil fast.
I don't know much about LP burners. My tree build link is below.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
outside92129
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I use 1/4" copper to distribute to the burners (2x banjo) from the brewstand's connection to the tanks. $9 for 10' of the tubing at Home Depot. The brass fittings were quite a bit more. You'll find out that the big stuff is only 1/2 the total cost. All those little things you need to connect the big parts starts eating you alive.