Originally Posted by gabe
How was your efficiency? how much longer do you think it took compared to single infusion ?
Efficiency was great....not the most carefull of measurments but i got above 75% using a cooler with SS mesh.
I thought that it would take a little bit longer, but it didnt. Start to finish was right under 5 hours. It was real easy. i mashed in to 145 and rested for 20 mins, then took about one third of mash out and heated it to 160 for 20 mins and then boiled for 15 mins(would have liked to boiled for longer, but it was getting late). Then i added the boiling grains carefully back into the mash to bring the entire mash to 160, and rested for about 30 mins when iodine test showed conversion.
I did the equations that are floating around out there for what fraction of the mash to decoct. It worked prefectly... im very happy with this weekends brew session