Priming lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slamback

Reaction score
Hey - I bottled my first lager - a Czech Pilsner about 18 days ago, with priming sugar. I put them back in my freezer at about 35°, and they've been in there ever since. Just cracked one open, there is zero carbonation. Is that because of the temp it's been stored at? I have taken them all out of the freezer to room temp and will let them sit a couple of weeks - will that fix the problem? Newbie lagerer here. All my ales carb up fine within 2 weeks at room temp.

Hey - I bottled my first lager - a Czech Pilsner about 18 days ago, with priming sugar. I put them back in my freezer at about 35°, and they've been in there ever since. Just cracked one open, there is zero carbonation. Is that because of the temp it's been stored at? I have taken them all out of the freezer to room temp and will let them sit a couple of weeks - will that fix the problem? Newbie lagerer here. All my ales carb up fine within 2 weeks at room temp.

Yes. Put them at room temperature for a few weeks, and they'll carb up.

Back