I bought a pin lock corny keg and decided to put a batch of Oktoberfest in it. Heres the facts:
1) I didnt' have a lot to spend so I got a portable CO2 injector and some 16g Co2 annisters.
2) I naturally carbonated the five gallons of beer with 1/3 cup of corn sugar, then filled the headspace with CO2 using the portable charger.
3) I let it sit at room temp for a week and a half. Then I attempted to use the Co2 charger to add more Co2, but accidentally let some pressure out. I was having trouble getting the disconnect on and maybe heard a hiss for about 2 seconds as gas escaped. I then refilled the keg with Co2, exhausting an entire 16 gram cartridge.
4) After two weeks at room temp, I agin filled it with C02 and then placed it in the fridge at 40.
5) after two weeks in the frideg, I tapped a sample. The beer came out mostly foam and settled into a great tasting Oktoberfest. However, afeter the foam cleared into beer, theat beer wasn't very carbonated. There were a few bubbles floating to the top, but not much.
What to do? Did I ruin it by accidently letting out some of the pressure a week or so into it? What options do I have beside force carbonating it (I dont have and cannot afford a Co2 tank at this point!) Can I force carb it with the CO2 Charger?