Why I like pints - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Why I like pints

Old 03-31-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Proofman
Recipes 

Jan 2007

I wish more american micros sold their product in pints (16-20 oz) and more liquor stores sold what beer that is available (mostly imports) in pints!

I like variety. Many times I like to get 3-4 pints of different beers to satisfy my broad desires... when it comes to beer. Sometimes I like to just get a six-pack of IPA, or pale ale, or porter, etc. But most of the time I don't like to limit myself. I just got back from the liquor store and couldn't make up my mind. It's the biggest in the state and they had nothing in pints. I was in the mood for a Porter, and an IPA and an ESB or pale ale. SWMBO wasn't going to let me walk out with 4 six-packs. So i had to choose (not much selection for the 'biggest in
the state'). I picked a porter (sierra nevada). But i wanted them all! I'm lucky that a liquor store at the county line (i live in a dry county) has a decent selection of pints, but I just wish more american micros sold their product in pints.

More pints!!

Rant complete

Old 03-31-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2188 Times on 765 Posts

A local store here in my small town has a huge variety of beers. They allow you to mix-match six packs as well. So you can go through and build your own six pack.

Register Now!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

We see a lot of 22 oz. bottles out here, which I think are too large, but they do sell them individually.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-31-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
Proofman
Recipes 

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
A local store here in my small town has a huge variety of beers. They allow you to mix-match six packs as well. So you can go through and build your own six pack.
Now, that I could live with!!

Old 04-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #5
Brewsmith

Recipes 

Aug 2005
Torrance, CA
Liked 62 Times on 58 Posts

I like the 22 oz'ers. It's like a pint with a bonus 6 oz after you're done. It is a little big for bigger beers, but I will usually have those when I have a couple hours to kill.
Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Old 04-01-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
SpamDog
Recipes 

Dec 2006
Northern Vermont
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
Most the grocery stores here will let you buy singles but get confused when you have a mixed 6 pack.. one time the clerk (some 17yo guy) was very sure I couldn't make my own six pack.. so I asked if they sell them in singles... he said yes.. so I took them all out of the holder.. problem solved..
the stores around here that are just for alcohol don't even seem to care when I mix and match.. if it is same brand they just scan the 6pack.. if it is diffrent they just take them out one at a time and scan them.. it is kinda nice cause I like to sample diffrent flavors from the same company.

SpamDog

Penguin Brewing

Upcoming: Berry Melomel, Coffee Cream Stout, Plum Mead, Acerglyn.
Fermenting/Bulk Aging: Spiced Cyser, Grape Pyment, Sweet Mead.
Bottled: Maple Porter, Honey Red Ale, JAO, Pear Mead, Sweet Zinfandel.