Brewers in Austin - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central Homebrew Forum > Brewers in Austin

Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
DankHead
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Amarillo, TX
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Im in east Austin, about 5 min. from downtown. If anyone is still down id love to get together and have a brewday/tasting.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
rhamilton
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Austin, Texas
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankHead View Post
Im in east Austin, about 5 min. from downtown. If anyone is still down id love to get together and have a brewday/tasting.
Austin Zealots have their next monthly meeting on October 13th. Bring a few big bottles of homebrew and you'll get to taste some great beers from some very talented people. You'll also get some feedback on your own. Also bring some cash for tipping the waitstaff.

If you don't mind driving on a Monday or if you live up north, The Texas Carboys meet at The Dig Pub in Cedar Park and their next meeting is Oct 15th. Same deal as the Zealots -- bring beer and cash.

Both groups are also on Facebook - Zealots & Carboys.
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 10-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
s4l

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Killeen/HH/CC, Texas
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfoot26 View Post
I'm moving to Fort Hood in March/April. Does anyone know of any brew clubs in that area? Or would I be better off sticking to an Austin-based brew club?
I'm redeploying to Hood around the same time frame, and gonna start HB. Maybe get together on a weekend?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
Araknaphob1c
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Austin, Texas
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I live in Round Rock, I currently have a smoked porter in bottles. It will be ready to drink around the 2nd weekend in December.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #15
Fasadi
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Killeen, TX
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4l View Post
I'm redeploying to Hood around the same time frame, and gonna start HB. Maybe get together on a weekend?
There are two homebrew clubs in the Killeen area. Centex Bock and The Beer Brigade. Beer Brigade meets on the first Saturdays of the month and Bock is the third. Brigade has a group on Facebook and Bock has a webpage. I don't have either address handy but some googlefu will take care of it. My wife and I are hosting the next Beer Brigade meeting, and if you are interested you should come out.

I'm not a shill but Black Hawk Brewing Supply in Harker Heights has usually the most up to date information.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
res313
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Georgetown, Texas
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think I may brew my first batch next week. I'm going to pick up a fermenter and some supplies from Austin Home Brew Supply.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #17
Hellosluggo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2012
Austin, TX
Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts

Long drive the Austin Homebrew form Oklahoma!

In other news, I just got a starter going a few minutes ago for my HellaNutella Milk Stout I'm doing Saturday... WT!
Click image for larger version

Name:	304246_10151372745470813_1196011199_n.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	95034  

Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #18
Hellosluggo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2012
Austin, TX
Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts

Wow, I just realized I was a bit drunk when I made that last post. Huh.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
s4l

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Killeen/HH/CC, Texas
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasadi View Post
There are two homebrew clubs in the Killeen area. Centex Bock and The Beer Brigade. Beer Brigade meets on the first Saturdays of the month and Bock is the third. Brigade has a group on Facebook and Bock has a webpage. I don't have either address handy but some googlefu will take care of it. My wife and I are hosting the next Beer Brigade meeting, and if you are interested you should come out.

I'm not a shill but Black Hawk Brewing Supply in Harker Heights has usually the most up to date information.

Hope this helps!
That's fantastic information, thank you! I was completely unaware of those clubs, and of that HBS. I'd love to come out, but I'm stuck in Afghaniland for another 6ish weeks, but I'll definitely come out when I get back. Thanks for the invite!

-s4l

Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #20
USMCBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2013
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMightyDog
I'm in north (haha...that used to be 51st) Austin around 183 Anderson Mill. I'm available for bottle sharing or feedback on my homebrew.
Man, you're right around the corner from me. We should definitely swaps some bottles sometime!

Primary: Irish Red Ale
Bottled: Blonde Ale, Honey Kolsche
On-Deck: not sure yet