Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Sixtel keg Philadelphia

Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #21
BoundForBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipergirl View Post
If you will please return our keg to a distributor, we can pay you a finders fee. I'm not sure how you acquired our keg, but there are no legitimate resellers of MicroStar kegs, so you are in possession of, and are trying to sell, stolen property. If you need a list of distributors in your area, please call 800-245-2200 and ask to speak with someone in Traffic.
Are there really companies policing this site for "stolen" kegs...I can give you a list as long as my arm of scrap yards that buy these "stolen kegs maybe you should go raid their yard.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:15 AM   #22
rellot
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I don't know why everyone gets so weird about kegs. if the deposit doesn't cover the cost of replacement then charge more.

criminalizing it ain't gonna work.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #23
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3349 Times on 3231 Posts
Likes Given: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellot View Post
I don't know why everyone gets so weird about kegs. if the deposit doesn't cover the cost of replacement then charge more.

criminalizing it ain't gonna work.
You're not buying the keg, you're buying the contents. I don't get to keep the dump truck used to deliver my load of top soil either.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #24
thedude00
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Your paying a deposit if you want your deposit you bring it back. If they were concerned about getting it back they would take you info and ask for a credit card like when you rent anything .

Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #25
rellot
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have never purchased topsoil before, but do you pay a deposit for the truck? Do they let you drive the truck home, or do they drop the dirt off for you? I bought some mulch before and had to rent the trailer. If I didn't return the trailer, I would have been charged the replacement cost.

So in that case, if I wanted a new trailer, just don't return it and be charged the cost. It would not be illegal, just part of the contract. Now they would most likely charge you more than it would cost you to just go out and buy one on your own, but it wouldn't be illegal.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #26
TrainSafe
John Gage wannabe
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellot
I have never purchased topsoil before, but do you pay a deposit for the truck? Do they let you drive the truck home, or do they drop the dirt off for you? I bought some mulch before and had to rent the trailer. If I didn't return the trailer, I would have been charged the replacement cost.

So in that case, if I wanted a new trailer, just don't return it and be charged the cost. It would not be illegal, just part of the contract. Now they would most likely charge you more than it would cost you to just go out and buy one on your own, but it wouldn't be illegal.
I like using analogies.

Let's say I have some beer vessels that are labeled Miller or AB. I purchased beer and it came in the vessels. There is no contract like your rental situation. No written agreements. I pay. I walk out of the retailer with the product. What did I pay for? Only the liquids? The container?

Does it matter if I paid a deposit? Does it matter what size the containers are? 12 oz cans? Bottles? Kegs?

I think the analogy of a beer can is closer to the heart of the matter than a dump truck.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #27
jtkratzer

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Do you still have the spear and the rest of the parts to make a complete keg?

Old 09-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #28
rellot
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

no, no, you didn't buy that bottle! You paid a deposit on that bottle (depending on your state) and you are a criminal if you don't return it.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #29
lagavulin
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As in many states that charge a deposit for bottled and canned beverages, if you don't return the bottle you lose your deposit.

Same with purchasing milk from local dairies.

The purpose of the deposit is too incentivize the return.

Is keeping the dairy bottle or keg the polite thing to do? No.

But it is perfectly legal.

Cheers!

Old 09-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #30
BoundForBeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
Do you still have the spear and the rest of the parts to make a complete keg?
No I dont have the spear anymore.