Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Freezer capacity?

Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #11
mrkrausen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Thanks. I'm planning on hitting up Home Depot to take a look at it after I get off of work today. It seems to be a decent deal, but I'm kind of wishing that I would have made a move when the holiday deals were going on because my beer fridge just burned out 3 days ago.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #12
mrkrausen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Just a heads up to anyone that is in the market or has been on the fence on buying a chest freezer. I went to HD today to get this chest freezer which is $449 regular price, but with the 10% off it's $404. The employee that was helping me gave me a heads up that they are dropping the price tomorrow to $398 and they would still be doing the 10% off so it will end up being $359. So I will be heading up there first thing in the morning. I hope someone finds this helpful.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #13
twalte
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrausen View Post
Just a heads up to anyone that is in the market or has been on the fence on buying a chest freezer. I went to HD today to get this chest freezer which is $449 regular price, but with the 10% off it's $404. The employee that was helping me gave me a heads up that they are dropping the price tomorrow to $398 and they would still be doing the 10% off so it will end up being $359. So I will be heading up there first thing in the morning. I hope someone finds this helpful.
Wow...I just bought at $404 and not delivered yet. Hopefully they will do a price match.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #14
twalte
Recipes 

Here is a Maytag Keezer build video from Northern Brewer

http://www.northernbrewer.com/homebrew-video-library/

Old 01-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #15
mrkrausen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I hope they honor that for you. It seems like a really good deal for that size of chest freezer. I couldn't thank the person enough for the info. I didn't even notice that was the same chest freezer the first time I watched that vid. I can't help but believe that all of these things happening are a sign that this is meant to be. I'm definitely getting excited to get this bad boy going.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #16
twalte
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrausen
I hope they honor that for you. It seems like a really good deal for that size of chest freezer. I couldn't thank the person enough for the info. I didn't even notice that was the same chest freezer the first time I watched that vid. I can't help but believe that all of these things happening are a sign that this is meant to be. I'm definitely getting excited to get this bad boy going.
Thanks for the heads up! I will be checking prices tomorrow. The savings will go towards the draught equipment.

I think it's a really nice setup for cold crashing and pouring.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
mrkrausen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Well I just got back from HD. They said it will be delivered this Saturday! I was going to hold off but I think I'm going to get at least one perlick setup since I'm saving some money. I was just going to go the picnic faucet route until I had some more disposable money but now I can justify it.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
twalte
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrausen
Well I just got back from HD. They said it will be delivered this Saturday! I was going to hold off but I think I'm going to get at least one perlick setup since I'm saving some money. I was just going to go the picnic faucet route until I had some more disposable money but now I can justify it.
I saw the new price online, but no 10 percent or free delivery. Going to run by the store and see if it is a deal on the floor today.

If you get the draught setup, even for one tap, at least you cover most of the expensive pieces and adding taps will be relatively inexpensive. I plan to order a dual regulator so i can force carb some kegs (30 psi) and serve from the rest (12 psi). Something to consider depending on how you plan to use the unit...no point in buying two as you step up.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #19
schristian619
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I don't see that its 10% off on top of the new sale price. NO free delivery either, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
mrkrausen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Yeah if you get a chance you might run by your local HD. I don't recall seeing the free delivery online either but when I went in to inquire about the unit they asked if I wanted to take it home or have it delivered. Also, there was a sign upon entering the appliance section stating the 10% discount on appliances over a certain price. I can't remember what it was exactly but this unit still qualified. They also said they do free haul away when they deliver which is nice because my beer fridge just crapped out on my 4 days ago, so I don't have to worry about getting someone to pick it up. Hope this helps. With the money I saved I went ahead and got a couple of the perlick+shank stainless steel combos and a four-way manifold from Birdman. I love it when things work out.