Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Butterscotch Mead

Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #21
Atek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Some good ideas flowing from this one. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
TheShadowfox
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 13

You can always add butterscotch flavor extract. Take a small sample and add drops to it and taste as you go. Count the drops it takes for it to taste like you want, then use that to guess what you will need for the rest of the batch. Just remember to go just a little under what you calculate, it's always easier to fix not enough flavor than too much.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
Tnoodle
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowfox
You can always add butterscotch flavor extract. Take a small sample and add drops to it and taste as you go. Count the drops it takes for it to taste like you want, then use that to guess what you will need for the rest of the batch. Just remember to go just a little under what you calculate, it's always easier to fix not enough flavor than too much.
That's a great idea, I suppose you could do this with any traditional mead and add whatever extract you wanted to give it just about any flavor.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #24
TheShadowfox
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Indeed. I think I remember seeing a lot of odd extracts at walmart yesterday. I know for sure I saw rootbeer, I think I remember seeing a butterscotch too.