North East OHIO group grain buy - Page 9 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > North East OHIO group grain buy
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #81
logdrum
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
North Olmsted, Ohio
Posts: 909
iTrader: (1)
Liked 58 Times on 52 Posts


Hey pola

one thing we didn't figure out is how the splits will be handled. I split a bag of vienna on a prior buy & we got a couple of 5 gl buckets. I don't know if they came with the shipment, or if someone had them laying around. I do know that 1/2 a sack fits perfectly into one.

-d



 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #82
crackhead7
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
cleveland, ohio
Posts: 237
iTrader: (0)
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Didn't think about the splits let me know if i have to provide containers I can fugure something out!



 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #83
1234
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Hendersonville, TN
Posts: 1,528
iTrader: (0)
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


The pallet will only fit 42 sacks of grain, nothing else can be added to a pallet that has 42 sacks of grain on it. If you order 40 sacks of grain you can put 2 cases of Star San and 1 bucket of PBW on a pallet.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #84
pola0502ds
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Posts: 846
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
The pallet will only fit 42 sacks of grain, nothing else can be added to a pallet that has 42 sacks of grain on it. If you order 40 sacks of grain you can put 2 cases of Star San and 1 bucket of PBW on a pallet.
Thanks for that note, I have 10 sacks of grain ordered so if we need to I can take it down to 8.

They can't even squeeze a few pounds of hops?

If we ordered a few smaller misc. items would they be willing to box it up and ship it ups?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #85
pola0502ds
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Posts: 846
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by logdrum View Post
Hey pola

one thing we didn't figure out is how the splits will be handled. I split a bag of vienna on a prior buy & we got a couple of 5 gl buckets. I don't know if they came with the shipment, or if someone had them laying around. I do know that 1/2 a sack fits perfectly into one.

-d
I have 2 empty sacks of grain that can be used.

There are 4 sacks to be split. Obviously that means we need 8 bags. 4 bags can be the original ones, 2 of them can be the bags I have, the other 2 need to be worked out. If you have something extra to bring with you then do it, if not I have 2 5 gallon buckets I can use at my place until i find something to put them in. I will have 3 half bags on this order so if need be I can use the buckets.

Point is, the half sacks are figured out.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #86
pola0502ds
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Posts: 846
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


If I don't hear from Super Junior or Akurk today i will just figure on giving them enough time to do it until Monday. If Monday comes around and i don't hear from them then I will have to submit a RFQ without them.

Things are moving along. I have the spread sheet done and once I hear from them I can post it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #87
logdrum
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
North Olmsted, Ohio
Posts: 909
iTrader: (1)
Liked 58 Times on 52 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by pola0502ds View Post
I have 2 empty sacks of grain that can be used.

There are 4 sacks to be split. Obviously that means we need 8 bags. 4 bags can be the original ones, 2 of them can be the bags I have, the other 2 need to be worked out. If you have something extra to bring with you then do it, if not I have 2 5 gallon buckets I can use at my place until i find something to put them in. I will have 3 half bags on this order so if need be I can use the buckets.

Point is, the half sacks are figured out.
I can bring a 5 gl bucket as well

-d

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #88
pola0502ds
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Posts: 846
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


updated 8/12/11 2:00pm

Here is the deal on items other than grain.

2310# is the weight limit per pallet. Some bags of grain are 55# and some are 50#. I figured it out and right now we are at 2260# in grain. That leaves us with 50# of chemicals and hops that we can order.

Right now we are at:

JLB922 has 3# of hops
Akurk has 1# of hops
Pola0502ds has 11.5# of chemicals
John R has 18# of chemicals

That is 33.5# of hops and chemicals out of the 50# we are allowed. If you want chemicals or hops, please keep that in mind. We have 16.5# to fill. Because we can only order a small amount it will be a first come first serve on who orders what. I am going to forget about all the other conversations I had with you folks about bulk starsan and PBW.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #89
superjunior
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
ohio
Posts: 1,250
iTrader: (0)
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts


I'm probably only down for 1 sac. Pola, just sent you an e-mail. Logdrum I'm calling you now, pick up your phone

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #90
akurk
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Canton, OH
Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Hey there, since the Czech SAAZ hops are out...I'll go with the domestic SAAZ.
I just sent Logdrum a message that the BEST Vienna would be just fine. Thanks pola



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CT Group Grain Buy aggieactuary Group Buys 289 09-19-2013 06:47 PM
NW Ohio Group Buy Price List flatrockbrewing Group Buys 7 08-01-2011 11:51 AM
Group Buy Central Ohio Ender Group Buys 6 04-25-2011 11:42 PM
Group grain buy DE, MD, VA, PA??? Native302 Group Buys 23 04-25-2011 12:57 PM
Jacksonville, FL Group Buy from North Country Malts BeerCrazy Group Buys 4 11-04-2009 08:03 PM


Forum Jump