North East OHIO group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey pola

one thing we didn't figure out is how the splits will be handled. I split a bag of vienna on a prior buy & we got a couple of 5 gl buckets. I don't know if they came with the shipment, or if someone had them laying around. I do know that 1/2 a sack fits perfectly into one.

-d

Didn't think about the splits let me know if i have to provide containers I can fugure something out!

The pallet will only fit 42 sacks of grain, nothing else can be added to a pallet that has 42 sacks of grain on it. If you order 40 sacks of grain you can put 2 cases of Star San and 1 bucket of PBW on a pallet.

The pallet will only fit 42 sacks of grain, nothing else can be added to a pallet that has 42 sacks of grain on it. If you order 40 sacks of grain you can put 2 cases of Star San and 1 bucket of PBW on a pallet.

Thanks for that note, I have 10 sacks of grain ordered so if we need to I can take it down to 8.

They can't even squeeze a few pounds of hops?

If we ordered a few smaller misc. items would they be willing to box it up and ship it ups?

Hey pola

one thing we didn't figure out is how the splits will be handled. I split a bag of vienna on a prior buy & we got a couple of 5 gl buckets. I don't know if they came with the shipment, or if someone had them laying around. I do know that 1/2 a sack fits perfectly into one.

-d

I have 2 empty sacks of grain that can be used.

There are 4 sacks to be split. Obviously that means we need 8 bags. 4 bags can be the original ones, 2 of them can be the bags I have, the other 2 need to be worked out. If you have something extra to bring with you then do it, if not I have 2 5 gallon buckets I can use at my place until i find something to put them in. I will have 3 half bags on this order so if need be I can use the buckets.

Point is, the half sacks are figured out.

If I don't hear from Super Junior or Akurk today i will just figure on giving them enough time to do it until Monday. If Monday comes around and i don't hear from them then I will have to submit a RFQ without them.

Things are moving along. I have the spread sheet done and once I hear from them I can post it.

I have 2 empty sacks of grain that can be used.

There are 4 sacks to be split. Obviously that means we need 8 bags. 4 bags can be the original ones, 2 of them can be the bags I have, the other 2 need to be worked out. If you have something extra to bring with you then do it, if not I have 2 5 gallon buckets I can use at my place until i find something to put them in. I will have 3 half bags on this order so if need be I can use the buckets.

Point is, the half sacks are figured out.

I can bring a 5 gl bucket as well

-d

updated 8/12/11 2:00pm

Here is the deal on items other than grain.

2310# is the weight limit per pallet. Some bags of grain are 55# and some are 50#. I figured it out and right now we are at 2260# in grain. That leaves us with 50# of chemicals and hops that we can order.

Right now we are at:

JLB922 has 3# of hops
Akurk has 1# of hops
Pola0502ds has 11.5# of chemicals
John R has 18# of chemicals

That is 33.5# of hops and chemicals out of the 50# we are allowed. If you want chemicals or hops, please keep that in mind. We have 16.5# to fill. Because we can only order a small amount it will be a first come first serve on who orders what. I am going to forget about all the other conversations I had with you folks about bulk starsan and PBW.

I'm probably only down for 1 sac. Pola, just sent you an e-mail. Logdrum I'm calling you now, pick up your phone

Hey there, since the Czech SAAZ hops are out...I'll go with the domestic SAAZ.
I just sent Logdrum a message that the BEST Vienna would be just fine. Thanks pola

Super junior, i need you yo be sure how many bags you want. Send a email to dave@crowescabinets with your exact part numbers from the price list, how you plan to pay, plan to pick up, your real name and email address as everyone else has.

I am out of town on vacation. I will check this thread and my email when i can but i wont be back until tuesday. Tuesday is when i plan to send in a rfq. Thanks everyone

superjunior said:
I'm probably only down for 1 sac. Pola, just sent you an e-mail. Logdrum I'm calling you now, pick up your phone

Never got the email

If at all possible please check this thread daily. A few days may go by before something gets posted but it will prevent any hold ups for the next step in completing this order. I am still waiting for super junior.

Its tuesday and i still dont have any information from super junior. I originally had him down for 2 bags of 2 row. He never gave a brand so i am just gonna put down for 2 more cm-2row. If he doesnt respond by the time i get the rfq, i will need someone to pick up those 2 sacks. The rfq is being sent in today. Should hear back by the end of the week.

If there is definitely someone picking up from Pittsburgh I am in for one of the CM 2-Rows.

crackhead and kpr, I will keep you guys updated.

Update for today Wednesday 8/17:

I have not seen a response yet for our RFQ

Superjunior, you still didnt get me all the info i need. I need your real name, the part number from the price list, brand of grain, how you plan to pay and pick up.

As a fyi to everyone i had my car broken into last night and they took my laptop. I dont have any means to access email so all conversations need to be in this thread until i can work something out. I can access this thread from my phone but not my email.

As of right now i have not had a response on the rfq.

One person emailed me and had a concern about him going on vacation and wanted to work something out. Call me after 5 today at 330-519-9453 to discuss. And if anyone needs to talk to me just call that number in the evening.

This situation may delay this process so pleasd hang in there. That laptop was what i used for work and i lost absolutely everythig. I am going to be working long days and nights to put everything back in place. If you guys know other members involved with this group buy please email them and inform them of whats going on. I know some dont check this thread often.

What a complete drag. I'm sorry to hear that. As I said previously I'm personally in no great hurry, do what you need to do to get yourself in order. I can't imagine how p.o.'d you must be

-d

Superjunior, you still didnt get me all the info i need. I need your real name, the part number from the price list, brand of grain, how you plan to pay and pick up.

I gave you the info on a pm I sent you. I'm having computer issues and I can't get on their website to give you the exact part# but you should have all the other info. I'll try again

Sorry super junior, i did get all that info except for your name and email.

This really is a bummer, all my beer recipes were on that computer, all the research i did for this hobby, saved documents, links, etc, was on that computer and its all gone. I had so much beer related info on it.

That excel sheet for this group grain buy that i spent hours on plugging in everyones info and modifing it to how i wanted, gone.

Dave,
I'm not sure how they do this but there are ways to track a PC on the net. If you have some basic information, serial number, IP configuration, etc. I have heard of these things being found. I'll ask my IT guy on Monday about it.
I'm there with you. Six months back my laptop was acting up and eventually it just stopped. Luckily I caught a break and it came back to life. Immediately made a back up of all my personel files. I do it every 3 to 4 months now. You might just want to google, tracking PC's. If you have run an 'ipconfig /all' from a dos prompt and have saved it somewhere. All the information is there. You might just also want to ask the Police about it. Good Luck. BB

Thanks buddy, i talked to the guy who sold it to me and asked him that very question. The only way to track it is if there was already a 3rd person program installed for that purpose and theres not. Also, since it is my work laptop it has a high level of security. There is no way for them to access the hard drive, if they want to use the laptop they would have to remove the hard drive and add a new one. Then find a power cord specific to that laptop. My power cord was not with it. If your it guy know something my it guy doesnt then please share.

This message is for everyone who is involved.

As you know, my laptop was stolen and it had everyone’s information about this group grain buy. Don't worry, its password protected and there is no way for them to get into the computer without replacing the hard drive. I now have e-mail access from a different computer by logging on to the internet and going to a special website.

Everyday I remember of something that I had on that computer that I could really use. I lost everyone’s email, grain order, chemical order, and everything else.

Where do we stand? I submitted the product codes for each bag of grain and yesterday afternoon they requested that I resubmit it with the codes but with actual names for some reason. So that’s what I need to do, I only have a computer a work so I need to do that at work. Right now I am slammed so one day soon I will have to do that and at the same time make a new spread sheet. Hopefully I can do this today to keep everything moving.

What I need for everyone to do is please send me an email with all your contact information, your order, how you plan to pick up, pay, your location, and phone number. In the subject line please type : “Group Grain Buy”. I ask for your location so I can figure out who will pick up whose grain if they live in the same area. I ask for your phone number because once I get the quote back I am going to call you to confirm everything and on top of that, if say country malt group is out of a grain you selected I want to quickly call you and ask what you want to replace it with. That way I won’t have to wait for you to log onto HBT and respond, point is to keep this moving.

My e-mail again is [email protected]

Please, please, be patient with me. I have spent a TON of time trying to get this group grain buy squared away and with a little more time we can complete it. I don't want something like this to shut it down. Steve Dragon contacted me and said that he was going on vacation and won't be back for 2 weeks so he over paid and sent me the money. So there is no backing out now!

Like I said, please hang in there and we will get this done. If you can't wait, just post here or email me. I'm sure if someone drops off, people who are already in the group buy will pick it up. If not, I will.

Thanks everyone. I am very sorry about this. You all have my phone number, if you need to talk to me please call.

also, if you know any of the other members who are involved with this group buy, please personally e-mail them so they can provide me with the requested information that way we can move forward with this asap.

Okay, so I sent in the updated quote request. I talked to country malt group and they are going to expedite quote. I should have it back within 48 hours. Most people are paying by paypal so I should have most of the money which will allow me to place the order by thursday or Friday. Some are sending checks and I will place the order before I receive them. So hopefully the order will be placed this week and receive the order by the begining of next week.

Thanks again everyone.

last updated 7:38am 8/25

Update:

I will post in the thread who has paid and who has not. Check often to see it updated.

Right now we got the invoice back, i went ahead and just paid for it. IT should be here Friday or Monday. I will need a day or so to process everyones order such as seperating each bag and labeling them with your name so when you come to get it, you won't have to wait.

BBBrew - paid
Crackhead7 - paid
JLB922 - paid
ShaneCB - paid
Logdrum - paid
JohnR - paid
Msheppa - paid
Akurk - paid
Sdragon - tried to pay but did not go through, he is on vacation and will pay when he returns.
Super Junior - not paid, I cannot get in touch with him and he never checks this thread.
Dave Mathews - paid
Pola0502ds - paid

If anyone knows super junior please contact him and tell him the invoice came in, I paid for it, and I need payment. His total is $34.53

People are sending me payment through paypal but I am paying their transaction fee. Either when you send the money mark it so you pay it yourself or you send it as a gift. Or you can send me a check or bring cash with you when you pick it up. When you pick up your order a copy of your invoice will be avaiable to view.

The shipping was a lot cheaper than expected. It was $85 plus $17.00 for fuel so it worked out that everyone paid $2.08 per item. I estimated the shipping at $132 total.

For future reference, you cannot order white labs items from Country Malt Group because they don't stock anything, all white lab products are dropped shipped which increases the shipping. At first I thought they just didn't want to sell to home brewers but I got to the bottom of it.

I will keep everyone posted as to when it arrives.

The posting above has been updated.

Sdragon and Super Junior are the only ones left. Sdragon did attempt to pay me before he left on vacation but the paypal transaction did not go through. He will pay when he returns. I cannot get in touch with super junior.

As of 11am today, the grains have not arrived. I will post a picture of the most beautiful pallet once it arrives! Hopefully that will be today.

Also, if you want someone to pick up your grain please start posting to find out who is where and who can pick up your grain. There are a few people doing this but i know I have people from akron, cleveland, and pittsburgh areas.

I just got a call from Country Malt Group and it didn't ship yet. There was a item Dave Mathews ordered that they did not have in stock, special aromatic malt. I had to call him and have him change what he wanted to something they had in stock. It will now ship today or monday.

Hey Dave, I am back in the states but still traveling. I got a message stating that you haven't accepted the payment from paypal. Ill dbl check the email address again when I get home tonight. If all else fails Ill bring u cash when I pi k it up.

No problem, i never got an email asking to accept it. Just bring the money with you, i already paid for everything.

The grain has arrived!!!!

Man that was fast, they must have shipped it after we made the change. Lets figure grain pick ups later this week and through out the weekend except for saturday. I will be gone saturday.

Back