1st Time Brewer....obsessed with the fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer

Reaction score
.....jeez, I can't leave it alone. I'm over looking at it constantly; and, it's only been 3 days. Some of this comes from the fact that it's 92 outside, and I have to keep the temp down. ;)

Anyway, I guess this is normal, and goes away after a batch or two. For now, I'm loving this thing bubbling away, with the whole place smelling like sweet bananas. --btw, is that normal? It's a belgian ale. :mug:

yes. now walk away! physical interaction with you beer now can only do it harm. let the yeast do what they were budded to do.

Brewing as a hobby favors people who are procrastinators... er, are patient. Of course, you can have fun watching the airlock bubble, but consider a second hobby to keep you preoccupied! (like building a mash tun, or a brew shed, or something.)

Brewing as a hobby favors people who are procrastinators... er, are patient. Of course, you can have fun watching the airlock bubble, but consider a second hobby to keep you preoccupied! (like building a mash tun, or a brew shed, or something.)

more like batch number 2. you can never have enough fermenters, trust me.

I remember being that way... You'll get past it. Now I tend to only go check on ones that I'm afraid may blow out, but typically don't go back to the more than once a day.

.....jeez, I can't leave it alone. I'm over looking at it constantly; and, it's only been 3 days. Some of this comes from the fact that it's 92 outside, and I have to keep the temp down. ;)

Anyway, I guess this is normal, and goes away after a batch or two. For now, I'm loving this thing bubbling away, with the whole place smelling like sweet bananas. --btw, is that normal? It's a belgian ale. :mug:

I gave up stuffed animals around 6 years ofl (shhh, I tell people I left them behind in the crib). Anyway, now that I've started homebrewing I wanna cuddle w/ my fermentation jug.

Build a fermentation chest freezer. When you get the urge to interact with your beer, open your eyes really wide, stick your head in, and inhale deeply through your nostrils.

LOVE the smell of fermenting beer!!! Banana and something else that I can't put a finger on....:ban::ban:

The best way to stop thinking about a fermenting batch of beer is to start on a new batch

Build a fermentation chest freezer. When you get the urge to interact with your beer, open your eyes really wide, stick your head in, and inhale deeply through your nostrils.

This always smells, um... delicious.:cross:

Back