Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > american pale ale with honey and grapfruit help

Old 07-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
themadfarmer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default american pale ale with honey and grapfruit help

i was thinking of brewing an APA with grapefruit. however i would also like to add some honey. when would be a good time to add the honey? i have read some online recipes that say after fermentation and a couple that said "bottled with honey" if i choose to bottle with honey how much would i use and what would that require? i imagine using honey instead of priming sugar, but might be way off base with that.

any thoughts/suggestions?

Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
CusterBrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

You can add honey at any time: during the boil, after cold break, after the krausen drops in the primary, at the start of secondary fermentation or prior to bottling. The different times of adding the honey may produce a slightly different taste, but not anything significant. If you wanted to bottle with the honey I would read the section of "How to Brew" I have a link to below.

http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/chapter11-3.html