Any brewers in the Bristow/Manassas Va area? - Page 11 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Any brewers in the Bristow/Manassas Va area?

Old 03-25-2012, 01:44 AM   #101
ajsnow6234
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Manassas, VA

30 minutes into my Saison brew right now. Hopefully learned some lessons from the last batch. Checked on my American IPA in secondary yesterday and it looks like it's gotten a bit oxidized. I'm a little nervous about it because it has gotten considerably darker since moving to secondary. Going to follow through and bottle in a few days as long as it's not rotten...

Old 03-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #102
ajsnow6234
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Manassas, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSingleton View Post
just pitched a 1.5L Pacman starter into a DFH60 clone. The Non-Hopslam Hopslam feels only about 1/4 of the way carbed. had a flat taste today when Chris stopped in to get some grain. It'll be good; just ain't no hopslam.

-S
Well...I'm up for some non hopslam tasting Hopslam Clone!

Old 03-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #103
ScottSingleton

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Manassas, VA
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I keg maybe 1/2 of what I brew... I still wait a few weeks as I don't shake my kegs and just pop them in the fridge at serving pressure.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #104
Hop_machine
Recipes 

Jul 2011
, Va
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hopslam clone was good it had a nice upfront bitter...I like that a lot..I've never been very successful at clones and sometimes I like mine better. I did this with an arrogant bastard lately and subbed the grain due to what I had. Used marris otter vice 2row as a base malt and for once I made a beer that I like equally to the original. I call it arrogant otter. I'll bring an original and some clone and see what the consensus is...

I bottle and keg...I like to brew a lot so the house batches get kegged and the rest gets bottled. If I end up with a keg I like but is just too much to drink the whole thing before I'm ready for a change i'll bottle the rest from keg and rotate another one in...all about pipeline for me.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #105
Hop_machine
Recipes 

Jul 2011
, Va
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks scott for the NN I forgot how much I liked that beer...please think of me for all your NN disposal needs

Old 03-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #106
1GR8DA

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Bristow, Va
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

What's NN? I want some!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #107
ScottSingleton

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Manassas, VA
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Nugget Nectar from Troegs.. got a sixer from Total Wine about a week ago; last one they had.

I'll bring one to the meet to share.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #108
ScottSingleton

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Manassas, VA
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

FYI that Hopslam clone is starting to carb up a bit. It's quickly losing the hop-aroma and gaining pure bitterness. I may pop it off the gas and drop in a keg-hop charge to see if I can freshen it up a bit; otherwise it's seeming to be turning into a pure bitter.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 AM   #109
CastleBlack
Recipes 

Dec 2011
DALE CITY, Virginia
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
FYI that Hopslam clone is starting to carb up a bit. It's quickly losing the hop-aroma and gaining pure bitterness. I may pop it off the gas and drop in a keg-hop charge to see if I can freshen it up a bit; otherwise it's seeming to be turning into a pure bitter.
Im sure it ll be just fine, then again there is only one way to find out...

Old 03-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #110
ajsnow6234
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Manassas, VA

Quote:
Nugget Nectar from Troegs.. got a sixer from Total Wine about a week ago; last one they had.

I'll bring one to the meet to share.
NN is by far one of my favorite beers out there. Went through 3 six packs in the last month or so. Now that Bell's Oberon is out...I stocked up on a couple six packs of that.