Pacific coast roadtrip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggor

Reaction score
I'm driving to Portland from Utah then down highway 101 along the coast to San Francisco and want to visit the best brewpubs along the way. I have a great interest in visiting Nano breweries. These are the ojnes I have on my list so far: Dechutes, Rogue, Anderson Valley, Bear Repubublic and Russian River on my list. What others should I visit.
So Many in Portland but I am only going to be there a day and a half tops. Reccomendations please.

Heading down the Oregon Coast, be sure to stop at Pelican in Pacific City.

In Portland - yeah, too many to hit in a day. Check out Laurelwood, Hopworks, Lucky Lab, Cascade (if you're into sour beers).

North coast in fort bragg. You'll drive right by it. It's a great drive! I did the same drive from LA up to Seattle when I moved from Miami.

Oh, and if you start the 101 trip as far up as Astoria, stop at Fort George brewery (and pick up some cans for the road).

Pelican is always a good choice in Pacific City. One in PDX I reccomend is Hair of the Dog Brewery. Super small, different beers and fun experience (good food too).

Try Bridgeport and Full Sail if your in the Portland area for a bit. Also the McMinnemans (Edgefield and Kennedy School particularly) are always fun and they make some good brews.

Back