Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmasters Warehouse

Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that Brewmasters Warehouse is open for business. It has been a very long wait, and there is still a lot of work to be done to improve the site, but everything is listed and works so we decided to put it out there for you guys.

The one feature I am most proud of is the Brew Builder application. It works similar to most of the commercial brewing software out there, but modified for the website and purchasing of the recipes. You pick the style you want to brew, the size of the batch, and efficiency of your brewery and begin adding ingredients. You can map out your full recipe compared to the BJCP style guidelines and purchase with one click.

Please take a look and let me know what you think about the site. The grand opening sale will be starting soon.

I am glad you like it. It is going to be expanded to include some additional features like naming your recipe, author comments text box, and the option to share your recipe on the site. Other people will be able to view your recipe, make comments about it, and even rate it.

Not sure when all features will be up and running but they are all part of the plan.

Love the site, very clean.

Prices are pretty good as well.

Do you mill for free? Can't seem to find that anywhere.

I see on the brew builder you have a suggested ingrediants that are more of general overveiw. Take the Dry stout for example:

The dryness comes from the use of roasted unmalted barley in addition to pale malt, moderate to high hop bitterness, and good attenuation. Flaked unmalted barley may also be used to add creaminess. A small percentage (perhaps 3%) of soured beer is sometimes added for complexity (generally by Guinness only). Water typically has moderate carbonate hardness, although high levels will not give the classic dry finish.

Is there some way you could set it up so specific ingrediants that are common for that style are brought up and able to be easily added to your cart?

Is there some way you could set it up so specific ingrediants that are common for that style are brought up and able to be easily added to your cart?

Some styles have better listed ingredients than others. What you see listed is from the BJCP style guide. I wanted to use the information directly from the style guide, but we may list some additional information in the future. As far as having common ingredients prelisted to make things easier that is a possibility, but that is a hard thing to balance with encouraging creativity in recipes.

I just put together EdWort's Haus Pale Ale, and it said usually citrusy hops (cascade) not used in such a style. It would be helpful for newbs like me if there was a suggested substitution. Otherwise, I really like the site and wish more places had a build-a-brew setup.

I just put together EdWort's Haus Pale Ale, and it said usually citrusy hops (cascade) not used in such a style. It would be helpful for newbs like me if there was a suggested substitution. Otherwise, I really like the site and wish more places had a build-a-brew setup.

I am glad you like the site. The style reads "American hops, often but not always ones with a citrusy character." which I can see is confusing. I like your suggestion about showing more information about substitutes for the hops, which is something that will be coming.

I know brewing a recipe to style for anyone, newbs included, is a good place to start for brewing a good beer. With that said the ingredients are suggested, so there is no need to follow them verbatim.

I think thats a great idea for a website. There was a suggestion that when designing a recipe, that some suggestions be made. I'm admittedly not a programmer by any means, but perhaps to go along with suggested recipes, etc for each style guideline, you could give suggestions by percentage of what customers chose for base grains, specialty grains, hops, yeast, etc. Just a thought. Amazon and many other websites will list something along the lines of "Customers who viewed this item also viewed item x, y, and z"

Also, you could just link the specific suggestions within the guideline ingredient page.

Looks great Ed. I am looking forward to making an order form you and making my way up to the store when you open.

:mug:

Awesome site! I may have to put together an order (though I just got ingredients for my next two brews so it will be a while)

Love the site design

you need to distinguish between a few of your equipment items a bit better. You list 5 brew pots with the same name, but nothing about size unless they click on the link. I personally don't like the guessing game for my links.

The same thing happens on the 5 gallon better bottle. I knew going in one was going to be ported, while the other wasn't, but couldn't tell which was which from the equipment page. It wouldn't keep me from ordering from you, mind you, but it's something to improve upon.

oh, the other thing i just noticed was that your 'all hops' page displays the hops by AA%. I find it a bit tough to search. If i want to see if you have warrior hops, i feel i'm more likely to look for the W section, rather than knowing the AA%. Just another thought.

Thanks for all of the feedback, I really appreciate both the suggestions and the kind words about the site. I have been a member of HBT a lot longer than I have owned the store, and I really want to have a site that HBTers can go to and enjoy the entire experience.

I am going to release a discount code tomorrow to celebrate the site coming online.

The code will be for 10% OFF your purchase. Combined with the $6.99 shipping everyone should be able to save some money, which in these tougher times is always a good thing.

I am going to release a discount code tomorrow to celebrate the site coming online.

The code will be for 10% OFF your purchase. Combined with the $6.99 shipping everyone should be able to save some money, which in these tougher times is always a good thing.

You're going to make some friends here. :D

IIRC you said the brick and mortar location is gonna be at 120 and Barnes Mill Rd?

If that is right, when will that be open since I don't wanna pay shipping when I can drive there in 10 minutes?

Awesome site. I will be placing an order once the code is released. One note... I know the hop shortage is affecting us all but, many recipes I make call for more than 4 ounces of a particular hop in a recipe (IE Bells Two Hearted Clone). The hop limitation may prevent some people from ordering.

Although I order my hops in bulk and usually just order the grain as needed.

Anyhow, great site and look forward to ordering some goods tomorrow.

I know the hop shortage is affecting us all but, many recipes I make call for more than 4 ounces of a particular hop in a recipe (IE Bells Two Hearted Clone). The hop limitation may prevent some people from ordering.

The hop shortage is a real bummer. We are currently restricting hops to 4 oz of a variety per order to ensure everyone has an opportunity to get the hops they need. If you are truly using more than 4 oz of hops of one variety in a single recipe I would allow the sale to go through. The restriction, I believe, is geared more towards the people that go on a site and order 8 oz or more of a hop and nothing else, then the customers that are legitimately trying to build a recipe have nothing to use. I think this is true for not just my store, but for all of the stores. The good news on the hop front is things are looking better in 2009 than 2008.

I am going to check out your site... I will give it a whirl, why not! Welcome to HBT and thank you for being so involved and accepting of our suggestions!

Thanks for checking out the site. I really appreciate it. As far as welcoming me to the site, I have been a paying member here for almost 2 years (though I mostly just read). I owe everyone here a huge debt in brewing knowledge, and when I had some cool ideas for a homebrew website, I took the plunge and decided to open a store knowing I would be able to give something back to the community that means so much to me.

I love the recipe/ingredient interface... and how it converts it to an order. Great flat rate shipping too. I like that you put your mission statement so to speak on the Home page... world class service!

My wife and I agree... having the recipe calculator on your site will give brewers a place to design beers and do so with some suggestions. Once they are finished, why would they go elsewhere to order it when they can simply push ONE button and do it on your site? Great idea, definately an idea from a brewer in the know.

That is what I call a fantastic review. Thank you

Ed

Clean, user friendly site design, brew builder gets huge props. Nice, very nice!!!!

Great idea with the BrewBuilder! It is EXTREMELY helpful for people like me (don't know squat about making a recipe). The rating and community aspect of it is also very neat and original!

Great idea with the BrewBuilder! It is EXTREMELY helpful for people like me (don't know squat about making a recipe). The rating and community aspect of it is also very neat and original!

The Brew Builder has been designed to be useful for the people that are comfortable creating thier own reciepes, as well getting people to start making some recipes. Creating a recipe is not all that hard.

I just went to the site and it was not want I expected. Not at all. Hmm...

Oh wait...

It says "Brewmasters WAREhouse".

I get it now. Nevermind.

:D

All your prices and supplies all seem stellar, there are a few issues to be addressed but I think everyone has already mentioned them. Now its time for me to be a whiny canuck and ask that you somehow incorporate your site so that I can ship my orders to Canada. If you can pull that off, I will be ordering ALOT of stuff from you!

Cheers mate, and nice site!

I wish I could ship to Canada, but when I researched it there did not seem to be a way to ensure a high level of service with all of the customs and duties.

Back