Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Company Reviews > Northern Brewer
Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Legendary Influential Brewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2064 Times on 1924 Posts
Likes Given: 52862

Default Northern Brewer

I have used Northern Brewer multiple times in the past and have never had an issue with any of the products I have received. The hardware is always as advertised and the prices are competitive. I would not hesitate to recommend them to other brewers or to use them again in the future.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

My internet friends were making fun of my kegdolly and I took it out on Gary. - Ginger

Eat a bag of kittens, Ace. - Yooper
Old 07-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Don't forget to put your AHA # in the comments for 5% off orders ( that's if you are an AHA member...which you should be )

BN Army for Life!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Originally Posted by stevo155 View Post
Don't forget to put your AHA # in the comments for 5% off orders ( that's if you are an AHA member...which you should be )
I didn't know that....good deal!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'd also like to give them a thumbs up. I used them for the first time last week. I found their 8oz hops to be very competitively priced, especially compared to local. Also bought some equipment. Everything arrived as expected and on time.
Watch me leap through this hoop!

My current line-up:

Fermenter 1: Altbier
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #5

Have been ordering from Northern Brewer for years...I usually leave remarks about Brewing TV since they are basically the "owners" of the show. I'm gonna have to try that AHA membership bit.
Primary# 1: Dry Irish Stout
Primary# 2: Munich Helles

Secondary# 1:
Secondary # 2:

On Tap:
Robust Porter
White IPA
Dry Irish Stout

Kegged & Waiting:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

i agree. two thumps up for northern brewer. prices are great and their customer service is better!
On Deck: Double IPA, GTBT V3
Primary: GTBT APA
Bottled: GTBT V2, GTBT V1, Black IPA, Centennial IPA, Pumpkin Ale, Badboy IPA, Simarillo APA
Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
Stay Rude, Stay Rebel, Stay SHARP
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Liked 2601 Times on 1871 Posts
Likes Given: 1131

My first ever order from them arrived a few weeks ago. I ordered an aeration system from them (in addition to a few other gadgets and a host of ingredients) and they neglected to put the stone in with the rest of the system. However, when I called after receiving the order they promptly made it right and immediately sent one to me. While having it initially would have been ideal (had to resort to shaking on one more brew), can't fault them for fixing an error with absolutely no hassle. The fact that my yeast were DOA was my fault for not thinking twice before ordering liquid yeast during a record-shattering nationwide heat wave
Fermenting: Gruit, Honey Porter
Souring/Funkifying: Brett C Old Ale, Lamebic '15, Lamebic '14, Flanders Red, Flanders Pale, Oud Bruin, Session Kriek
Bottled: APA, American Amber, Robust Porter, Gose, Lichtenhainer, Petite Saison, Saison, Mixed Berry Peppercorn Hydromel, Irish Red, Pale Mild, Dry Stout
Casked: (empty)
Bottle Cellar: Brett B Tripel, Brett C Barleywine, Lamebic '11, Quad, Tripel, Brett C Bitter, Wild Cider, Sour Stout, Wee Heavy, 100% Brett B. Red, 100% Brett L. Kriek
Old 10-15-2011, 02:50 AM   #8
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I ordered their Smashing Pumpkin Ale a few weeks ago and the forgot to include the spice mix. So i called and they quickly shipped it out that day and i had it the next day! And to my pleasant surprise there was a free pint glass as an apology. Great customer service.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
Liked 163 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Thumbs up! My first order from Northern Brewer. One item was a fermometer. It was not in the box - just an empty zip lock bag. I called and told them. As far as they knew, I could have lost it myself, but there was no questioning about whether I might have lost it. They just sent one right out.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:24 AM   #10
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Northern Brewer Customer Service

I ordered a schwarzbier all grain kit a few days back and have been eagerly watching the tracking number. I just got an email from NB saying there was a potential issue. One of the packers found the "guts" to a schwarz all grain on the counter. There were a "few" orders that included this kit. To fix it, they sent out the guts (hops and instructions) to each of the potential candidates, before the orders even arrived at their houses and before anyone knows who got shorted. I don't care if they messed up one small part of one order. What they are doing to right the issue is by far some of the best customer service I have ever seen. They have a long term customer in me.

(I am not trying to knock any other vendors on this forum, I'm sure you are great as well )