Group Buy: Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line - Page 12 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Group Buy: Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 05:11 AM   #111
outside92129
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
outside92129's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,224
Liked 63 Times on 51 Posts


Hi All- everyone in the group buy has been messaged and over 1/2 the line has been shipped out. Assuming everyone pays up in the next day or so this will be wrapped up this weekend. If you haven't paid and haven't gotten a message from me... contact me asap. I have 1 more roll coming and have a little room left on it, here's the current list for roll #7. When #7 is done i'll be passing the torch to... anyone who wants the job : )

outside92129, 100
Gritsak, 100
Carter05, 150
razorbrew, 100
toecutter, 200
bumstigedy 50/100



 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #112
BigHefty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
BigHefty's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Davison, MI
Posts: 181
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts


Heck, for ~$30 I'll take 100ft.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #113
CidahMastah
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
, New York
Posts: 4,209
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post
It is a lot harder material than the vinyl. I had some 1/4" and had that put on tailpieces that were listed as "will fit 1/4" plastic tubing or 3/16" vinyl tubing." That has kind of made me wonder what I'm getting if I order a 1/4" or 3/16" tailpiece, as I think some companies list them based upon what they will fit. I measured my 1/4" tailpiece and the nominal outside diameter was roughly .297. Ordered a couple 3/16" tailpieces that I'm hoping are smaller than the 1/4" I currently have. Boring out the tube was not a solution.
they won't fit on even if you soak the hose in hot water?
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #114
XPLSV
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 128
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah View Post
they won't fit on even if you soak the hose in hot water?
Heat doesn't have the same affect on this stuff as it does on the vinyl hose. It is a harder plastic type hose. I did not have success with dipping the hose end in boiling water...I moved on to ordering some 3/16" tailpieces. There are a few places that advertise having 3/16" tailpieces and 1/4" tailpieces...however, the few I have found (Northern Brewer, Perlick) list the 3/16" tailpieces as chrome plated and I was wanting stainless steel. I felt like I was rolling the dice with the places that had stainless steel and the ones that did reply back seemed rather unsure of what they had. I rolled the dice with one and will post my findings when the two test pieces arrive. I think if I had gone with the chrome plated ones, there wouldn't have been a problem.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #115
CidahMastah
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
, New York
Posts: 4,209
Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post
Heat doesn't have the same affect on this stuff as it does on the vinyl hose. It is a harder plastic type hose. I did not have success with dipping the hose end in boiling water...I moved on to ordering some 3/16" tailpieces. There are a few places that advertise having 3/16" tailpieces and 1/4" tailpieces...however, the few I have found (Northern Brewer, Perlick) list the 3/16" tailpieces as chrome plated and I was wanting stainless steel. I felt like I was rolling the dice with the places that had stainless steel and the ones that did reply back seemed rather unsure of what they had. I rolled the dice with one and will post my findings when the two test pieces arrive. I think if I had gone with the chrome plated ones, there wouldn't have been a problem.
please let us know. I can't recall what I ended up with for my keg system from KC. I know I had the MFL fittings but don't recall if they gave me 3/16, or 1/4 for my 3/16 beer line. I also have 1/4 beer line on my trunk line to my tower so I am pretty sure that those have to be 1/4 fittings.

As with you I would like to get all stainless, i run a lot of draft cider that is way more acidic than beer is.
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #116
Shockerengr
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Feb 2007
Posts: 463
Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah

they won't fit on even if you soak the hose in hot water?
Boiling water doesn't soften it enough to go on a 1/4" nipple. I had luck using a flame and carefully heating it and spreading with nedle nose, although I haven't gotten it installed yet. 3/16th shouldn't be a problem

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #117
maager
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Portland, OR
Posts: 25

Line arrived today, thanks again!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #118
yessri
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Boone, NC
Posts: 45


Got mine today - thanks! Bought anything for SWMBO yet?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #119
maager
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Portland, OR
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockerengr View Post
Boiling water doesn't soften it enough to go on a 1/4" nipple. I had luck using a flame and carefully heating it and spreading with nedle nose, although I haven't gotten it installed yet. 3/16th shouldn't be a problem
Just an FYI, this worked fine for me on my 1/4" nipples. At first it was a little difficult, but by the end you catch on and figure out how much flame is needed to spread it apart enough. Works great.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #120
Boleslaus
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 1,282
Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts


So we have decided that to get this stuff onto fittings (I have to MFL with barb attached) you have to flame it and spread it?? It wasn't expensive so I'm not worried, but I don't want to have any major headaches with this stuff.


__________________
Watch me leap through this hoop!

Brewing PM for 5 years
Finally upgrading to AG in 2016!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Storing hops - Barrier bags and sealer WBC Equipment/Sanitation 20 11-29-2009 03:36 PM
Ultra Cleaning TxBrew Equipment/Sanitation 5 01-28-2009 06:41 PM
Ultra Palmolive Oxy Plus w/Bleach Alternative gyrfalcon Equipment/Sanitation 20 10-26-2007 12:31 AM
Igloo Ice Cube 60-quart Ultra Roller Cooler ChillyP Equipment/Sanitation 6 03-14-2007 11:17 AM
Ultra Violet voodoochild7 Equipment/Sanitation 21 12-17-2005 01:11 AM


Forum Jump