Atlantic City NJ- Best pubs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msarro

Reaction score
Hey everyone! The girlfriend and I are going to be spending next week in Atlantic city, in NJ. I'm looking to find some pubs, breweries, or beer gardens where we can set up shop in the evenings. Any recommendations???

Tun tavern is a must, great food and their beer is fanastic! Grab a beer "flight" when you get there, then go on from there. Not to mention it's where the Marine Corp was born. Semper Fi!

Agreed, tun Tavern is awesome. In March I took a growler to go and carried it around Borgota all night. No one said a word!

There's an Irish pub down on the seedy end of the strip that I can never remember the name of. Worth stopping at during the day (lol). They have great burgers and Guinness.

Don't know if you're still in AC, but there is a bar in Tropicana in the quarter that is pretty good. I think it's called The Red Bar. It's a russian themed bar that has a vodka freezer and some really good russian beers. They have an ice strip that runs along the bar for you to set your beer on to keep cold. Not that my beer lasts that long. ;)

I just got back from AC and Bill's Burger Bar in Harrahs has a great beer selection. Also, there is a bar outside of Caesars that called the Biergarten, it also has a good selection of craft beers. Of course as others have mentioned Tun Tavern is the beer drinkers place to see in AC. :mug:

Hey all! I realized I never replied with what happened on the trip so here is our experience.

Day 1) Went to firewater. The taplist was decent, but the service was horrible. Sat at the bar for close to a half hour. The one time we talked to a bartender in that time, we told him we'd like to do a flight, and told us that we'd have to wait (very rudely)- and then walked away. In another 15 minutes or so another bartender came over and got us a flight after another group of patrons pointed him over to us, telling him we'd been waiting forever and were getting ignored. Shame - the place had good beer.

For dinner we went to Tun Tavern, which was awesome. It's definitely a must go - the food was great, and they had one of the best wit's I've ever tasted. I ended up snagging a growler of it to keep in our hotel fridge for the rest of the week.

Day 2) Went to Harry's Oyster bar for dinner. Honestly this place was awesome for the food. Their oyster po'boy was excellent. They had a good enough selection of micro and craft beers to make dinner awesome. I think one could exhaust the list pretty rapidly though. The service was great. Only downside is the raw bar stuff was a touch expensive. If you like the smell of fresh fish and sea water, just being inside of the restaurant is a treat.

Day 3) We went to Trinity Irish pub for dinner in the market. This is probably the only place I left tipsy. The bartender lit up when he realized we weren't your average beer drinkers and we ended up discussing beer for a majority of our meal. They had an awesome chicken reuben, which went great with a flight of beer. THey have their taps split up into Americans (mostly macros with some smaller guys), Irish beers, and then a tower of assorted micros/crafts. Great place!

Didn't get to stop by boardwalk biergarten, but their beer list was ok. Not super extensive, but nothing in AC was. Can't comment on the food or service.

Also, the bartender at Trinity recommended "Irish Pub" and Ducktown Tavern as great local places for beer.

There are some really good beer stops if you're not expecting a 10 page bottle list and a 2 page draft list, and all of them have great food. Everyone accepts reservations for the most part.

Thanks again everyone for your help!!

Back