Kegging Red Bull at $0.14 per 12 oz can - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegging Red Bull at $0.14 per 12 oz can

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #31
BBKing
 
BBKing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Canton, IL
Posts: 1,145
Liked 52 Times on 52 Posts


Some one please report back and let us know if the syrup rots teeth out like the original
__________________
Black Sheep Brewery
Untamed and unapologetic

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:36 AM   #32
bill42
Registered User
Recipes 
 
May 2011
verona, nj
Posts: 99

i contacted sodastream last year, it contains less than half the caffeine as real redbull.


Red Bull®
110 Calories
28g Carbs
27g Sugar
200mg Sodium
80mg Caffeine

Monster®
110 Calories
26g Carbs
26g Sugar
140mg Sodium
80mg Caffeine

SodaStream Energy Drink
34 Calories
8g Carbs
8g Sugar
37mg Sodium
30mg Caffeine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #33
mattd2
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Papamoa, New Zealand
Posts: 3,723
Liked 307 Times on 245 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bill42 View Post
i contacted sodastream last year, it contains less than half the caffeine as real redbull.


Red Bull®
110 Calories
28g Carbs
27g Sugar
200mg Sodium
80mg Caffeine

Monster®
110 Calories
26g Carbs
26g Sugar
140mg Sodium
80mg Caffeine

SodaStream Energy Drink
34 Calories
8g Carbs
8g Sugar
37mg Sodium
30mg Caffeine
What size servings were they, the sodastream seams to be 30% of the other to so I would think that would be a smaller serving (i.e. the Red Bull and Monster are for 1 can and the sodastream is for 100ml)
Or was this per 100ml (or whatever amount it is)
Edit: Was at the supermarket tonight and checked, Red Bull is 32 mg of caffeine per 100 ml.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #34
A4C
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 167
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Easy solution go to roaring lion's webpage and buy a virtually identical box of syrup and keg it
__________________
Kegged: Oranges Revolt - Orange Lager
Kegged: Hibiscus Tripel
Kegged: Bedtime Wheat
Fermenting: Basic Bock, Kolsch, Mango Kolsch, Black Lager

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #35
ImperialLover
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
ImperialLover's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Huntsville, AL
Posts: 515
Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts


Get a coke syrup, dilute as specified, add whiskey to taste and viola!! You've got Jack and coke on tap!!! My SWMBO will hate you for all eternity for establishing this thread!!!
__________________
-Chase

Keg 1- Air
Keg 2- Air
Primary 1- Rainy Day Red
Primary 2- Air
Secondary 1- Air
Secondary 2- Air
On Deck- H&D On the Brown Low
In The Hole- Water into Barleywine!
Near Future-

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #36
brum
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 127
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialLover View Post
Get a coke syrup, dilute as specified, add whiskey to taste and viola!! You've got Jack and coke on tap!!! My SWMBO will hate you for all eternity for establishing this thread!!!
Hm. My girlfriend would absolutely love that haha
__________________
Originally Posted by MyNameIsPaul

We make beer in buckets with toilet parts and coolers, this might not be the best place for you.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #37
marzsit
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
kent, wa.
Posts: 316
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


this thread is just too hilarious..

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #38
businesstime
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Clemson, SC
Posts: 203
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2 View Post
What size servings were they, the sodastream seams to be 30% of the other to so I would think that would be a smaller serving (i.e. the Red Bull and Monster are for 1 can and the sodastream is for 100ml)
Or was this per 100ml (or whatever amount it is)
Edit: Was at the supermarket tonight and checked, Red Bull is 32 mg of caffeine per 100 ml.
I think the poster is correct:

http://www.sodastreamusa.com/TasteNutritionInfo.aspx

Oh well, guess I'll just have to drink twice as much now that it's economically viable. Could also concentrate the mix to bump it, but I don't know how that will effect flavor.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #39
kpr121
 
kpr121's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,145
Liked 127 Times on 111 Posts


I think I am going to need to install that third tap now. Premixed Red Bull and Vodka from the tap just sounds too amazing (and dangerous).

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #40
cincybrewer
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 678
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts


Very interesting. The 'regular flavors' and Sparkling Naturals look better for you than your store-bought soda. I wonder if these will work the same. Just add to the keg and fill with water?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kegging ?'s veedub Bottling/Kegging 9 07-19-2011 01:45 AM
New to kegging Hastings Bottling/Kegging 1 07-06-2010 01:44 PM
kegging robd Bottling/Kegging 9 06-21-2009 03:14 AM
kegging question from a kegging noob RootvonRoot Bottling/Kegging 8 05-22-2009 02:03 PM
kegging q's Lando Bottling/Kegging 2 04-21-2009 05:40 PM


Forum Jump