Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Wedding Beer - Wellerator (themed beer dispenser)

Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
pnj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

Default Wedding Beer - Wellerator (themed beer dispenser)

My brother got married of the weekend and months ago had asked me to bring/make beer. It was an 'old time country' wedding, took place on an old farm and the bride/groom rode up the isle on horses.

I made this thing out of 1.5 inch thick pink foam board, painted it to look like weathered wood and used real wood for the uprights and on the roof. It comes apart and fits flat in the trunk of my car. I tied four kegs to the back of my seats (in the backseat, behind driver/passenger seats) and the CO2 tank went into a plastic bucket with a towel to keep it secure.

This thing fit right in on the farm and people loved it. Even better, they loved the beer. Even non-beer drinkers were having a pint or two because it was homeade and not something they would have access to normally.

It holds four kegs and the CO2 tank inside.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
tnshurtm
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

AWESOME!!! How much time did it take you to paint that? I thought it was real, then I read it.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
Duckfoot
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Well done sir.... Well done indeed...

Kegged : DFB Belgian Pale, DFB Brown, DFB Belgian Dark Strong, DFB Cider...
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Non-Alcoholic beer is like going down on your cousin, it might taste the same but it just ain’t right!

Old 07-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
pnj
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

Just the bottom box/lid is painted. The uprights and shingles on the roof are real wood.

Painting the box was easy. I bought three cans of flat spray paint, grey, tan and a darkish brown. I covered the pink with the grey first. I had some old yellow latex and some white latex that I mixed to make a light yellow. I used an old 3 inch wide flat paint brush and did lose strokes up/down. This gave the 'wood grain' look. I then went back over that with very light tan/brown spraypaint to give the wood color.

I then used two pieces of wood to make a 'template' for the vertical dark lines that indicate single pieces of wood. By laying these 'template' pieces next to each other with a 1/4 inch gap, I sprayed black paint (I had a can of black, so I didn't need to purchase this) between the gap. I then used a sharpie to draw in the knots.

I did it over a few days in my spare time. I don't have a total amount of hours calculated but it wasn't too many. and because I started two weeks before I needed it, I had plenty of time to think about each step before doing it.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Rivenin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 219 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 228

<-------- impressed! good job! i'd so keep that thing as an actual kegorator too, right in the backyard!

Coming up
Electric 120v Brutus 20