Saison de McNulty à Houblon Noble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannPM

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Wyeast 3711
Yeast Starter
1.25L
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
N/A
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
5 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
3 days past TG
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
NA
Additional Fermentation
NA
Tasting Notes
See Below
269716_613786330699_58801067_33195563_1218722_n.jpg

7 lbs Castle Pilsner Malt
2 lbs Vienna Malt
1 lb Flaked Wheat
1 lbs Turbanado Sugar

Mashed 6 Gallons @ 147 for 120 mins
Batch Sparged 2.5 gallons @ 170 for 15 mins

0.8 Ounces Saaz 5.5% AAU @ 90
0.5 Ounces Hallertau 2.3% AAU @ 20
0.5 Ounces Saaz 5.5% AAU @ 10
1 Ounces Hallertau 2.3% AAU @ Flameout

1 Tab Whirflock @ 15 minutes
0.6 TSP Wyeast Yeast Nutrient 10 Mins

Fermentation pitched at 68, rose to 79 over the course of a week.

ABV: 7.26%

Look: Pale yellow orange, evervesent, not quite clear but translucent.

Aroma: Earthy Noble hop aroma, slight citrus, fruity, but hops do dominate the aroma.

Taste: Same as aroma, slightly spicy all the way through because of the Saaz and the yeast characteristics, has a slight pine flavor as well. Yeast doesn't shine as the star here but really melds with the earthy hops.

Mouthfeel: If I had to guess, I would say this finished at 1.010 or 1.012 and not at 1.000 like it did. It has an Amazing silky smooth and yet mildly full mouthfeel. Amazing for being 1.000

Drinkability: Very drinkable, refreshing, dry finish keeps you wanting more.

1 Month Tasting, probably the last considering how fast this is getting drunk up by me lol...

Look: Pale yellow orange, effervescent, translucent but not clear, same as before.

Aroma: Citrus, Grapefruit in particular, slight lemon, faint pepper. Floral hops in the background mixed with the previously mentioned now dominant aromas

Taste: Initial starts with faint citrus fruit, just the faintest flavor of malic fruit and a moderate spicy character and finishes with a peppery aftertaste and lingering noble hope flavor in the late aftertaste

Mouthfeel: Body is very digestible and extremely drinkable, the complexity of flavors mask the FG of 1.000 and compliments it perfectly, any thicker and would be moderately overwhelming.

Drinkability: Extremely drinkable, I could drink this all day long. It doesn’t fill you up like a higher FG brew and really hits the spot anyt time of day.

Back