Again, sorry for the crappy presentation of the recipe here...
I took this batch and kegged ~4 gallons without any pears to drink and see what the effect of the acidulated malt would be. Turned a basic/blah beer into something that people kept coming back for more. The acid also helped with the pear side too (i picked the pears and I'm pretty sure they were just Bartlet type pears, so pretty meh flavor/tannin wise). That's why I used the acid malts here in the first place, sorta like adding tannins to a wine with grape skins (e.g. Welches wine versus Pinot Noir).
Tasted my thief sample today and was pleased. ended up with a clean, simple beer with a nice pear taste (by nice, i mean pretty subtle since I don't like really fruity/sweet things typically.) I could see myself having more than one of these and will definitely feel comfortable handing this to company.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."