The MaxOut Brew Station - Page 28 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > The MaxOut Brew Station

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #271
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 754
Liked 82 Times on 54 Posts


As it turned out the fermenter fit nicely in my Fermenting chamber and the thermo-well accepted the probe from my BCS nicely. Here are a few shots of the Glacier Tanks conical in the fermentation chamber during primary fermentation. If I choose to do a pressurized fermentation all I need to do is turn off the valve to the blow off tube, replace the tube with pressure relief valve and turn back on. I brewed 1 BBL of Hop On Blonde (house lager) yesterday and filled the fermenter for the maiden run.


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2496.jpg
Views:	1445
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	83949   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2500.jpg
Views:	1476
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	83950   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2501.jpg
Views:	1424
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	83951   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2502.jpg
Views:	1445
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	83952  

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #272
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 754
Liked 82 Times on 54 Posts


Here is a shot of the second tank I will use for carbing and storage. I have a 4" carbonation stone on order that goes in the spot where the thermo probe is. Relief valve and pressure gauge on top. I will force carb and then pressure transfer to kegs carbed and ready to go.


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2475.jpg
Views:	1424
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	83953  

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #273
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 754
Liked 82 Times on 54 Posts


A few random shots-
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2468.jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	83954   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2471.jpg
Views:	1388
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	83955   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2488.jpg
Views:	1375
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	83958   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2472.jpg
Views:	1403
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	83959   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2476.jpg
Views:	1385
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	83960  


jcav Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #274
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Hoppopotomus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Ortonville/Oxford, Michigan
Posts: 1,448
Liked 100 Times on 84 Posts


Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You make us all look like hacks. So when exactly are you going pro?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #275
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 754
Liked 82 Times on 54 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You make us all look like hacks. So when exactly are you going pro?
Thanks, no plans on going pro just having fun home brewing MaxOut style. a couple of my friends are getting involved and it's becoming a group hobbie.

Hoppopotomus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #276
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Hoppopotomus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Ortonville/Oxford, Michigan
Posts: 1,448
Liked 100 Times on 84 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOut View Post
Thanks, no plans on going pro just having fun home brewing MaxOut style. a couple of my friends are getting involved and it's becoming a group hobbie.
Keep up the great work! I'm both impressed and inspired by your build. I installed a 100 amp/20 breaker subpanel over the weekend, so one more thing to check off my list. Now onto drywall, cementboard, and tile for the brewery, and then onto kettle conversions, controls, etc. Dropping $7k on a high efficiency boiler to heat my basement floors next week, so I'm not sure when I'm gonna pull the trigger on the control panel. Oh well....as long as I'm making progress, I'm happy.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #277
trekbiker1500
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Bowie, MD
Posts: 14


Gosh, I have so far to go with my build. But this is an inspiration. So many possibilities. I am limited a bit because I have to be mobile. Once I retire from the service and move home I will be ready to create a masterpiece.

Annapolis HB is my brewshop too BTW. Cheers to a work of art!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #278
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 754
Liked 82 Times on 54 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus

Keep up the great work! I'm both impressed and inspired by your build. I installed a 100 amp/20 breaker subpanel over the weekend, so one more thing to check off my list. Now onto drywall, cementboard, and tile for the brewery, and then onto kettle conversions, controls, etc. Dropping $7k on a high efficiency boiler to heat my basement floors next week, so I'm not sure when I'm gonna pull the trigger on the control panel. Oh well....as long as I'm making progress, I'm happy.
I've been watching your progress and admiring your work. You will love the heated floors. Good luck enjoy!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #279
MaxOut
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Hughesville, Maryland
Posts: 754
Liked 82 Times on 54 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbiker1500
Gosh, I have so far to go with my build. But this is an inspiration. So many possibilities. I am limited a bit because I have to be mobile. Once I retire from the service and move home I will be ready to create a masterpiece.

Annapolis HB is my brewshop too BTW. Cheers to a work of art!
Thank you, if your in SoMd give me a shout.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #280
trekbiker1500
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Bowie, MD
Posts: 14


Max, will do. I would love to see your rig in person. It is unreal!


__________________
Hopfiend Brewing

Serving mankind in the pursuit of perfect hop utilization

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My New Milling Station John Beere DIY Projects 43 07-20-2012 01:40 PM
Robotic Brew Station McCuckerson Brew Stands 3 03-29-2011 10:05 PM
Filtration Station strat_thru_marshall DIY Projects 10 08-18-2010 06:31 AM
New milling station... cyberbackpacker DIY Projects 14 08-02-2010 03:58 PM
my stir plate 1x2 station 1x3 station Opherman47 Chillers & Stir Plates 9 06-04-2010 02:55 PM


Forum Jump