SWMBO moving in and so it begins - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > SWMBO moving in and so it begins

Old 07-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #21
Zamial

Recipes 

Apr 2010
WI
Liked 176 Times on 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWeezie View Post
+1. Not sure if I have the balls of a paratrooper but i'll give it a shot. thanks.

Be the penguin!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
JayWeezie
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Charlotte, NC
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial

Be the penguin!

Hahahaha. That's awesome!!! I ain't skeered

Old 07-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
onthekeg
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Liked 83 Times on 65 Posts

I have my place and the girlfriend has her place. I would never live in her house and would never want her living here. If for some godforsaken reason we decide to live together someday, well we will need another place thats "neutral." I will still need my 64X81 shed, my brewhouse, and a full basement for my other things. She can have the kitchen and a couple closets.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #24
ozzy1038
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I bought my townhouse exactly 2 months before I met my wife. When she moved in, she knew that it was, and always will be MY house. Our "guest room" is my beer room/hangout. She has never and will never attempt to lay claim to it.

I wouldn't normally say this, but definitely lay down the law on this. It's your house, especially if you own it and aren't renting.

I agree. It's easier to establish some ground rules so to speak now instead of later. I am extremely lucky with my wife as she is quite understanding. That being said, I am not one to be controlled. .

Primary: Hopped Up Brown

Bottled: Litehaus Wheat, Orange APA, Rauchbier, Willy's Cream Stout

Kegged: Tank 7 Clone renamed "Le Ferme" (dryhopped cascade, sorachi), Caramel Amber Ale, Trout Bum APA, 3 Dogs APA

Gallons Brewed Since June: 53.5

Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #25
CoalCracker

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Macungie, Pa
Liked 106 Times on 65 Posts

My SWMBO wants me to move in. I had one stipulation. The brewery and all that encompasses my hobby comes with me. First fight about it and I'm out. She fully agreed and showed me my space in HER garage. Complete with water and electric

Old 07-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
thughes
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Rochester
Liked 52 Times on 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthekeg View Post
I have my place and the girlfriend has her place. I would never live in her house and would never want her living here. If for some godforsaken reason we decide to live together someday, well we will need another place thats "neutral." I will still need my 64X81 shed, my brewhouse, and a full basement for my other things. She can have the kitchen and a couple closets.
Amen.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
jmhart
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Atlanta,GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I bought my townhouse exactly 2 months before I met my wife. When she moved in, she knew that it was, and always will be MY house. Our "guest room" is my beer room/hangout. She has never and will never attempt to lay claim to it.

I wouldn't normally say this, but definitely lay down the law on this. It's your house, especially if you own it and aren't renting.
I feel like this is how SWMBO becomes Ex-SWMBO.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #28
scotched
Recipes 

Dec 2010
Pasadena, California
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Punch her in the face, that will shut her up.
Doesn't she already know?

Fermenting: Edwort's Wounded Knee IPA (no-chill), XH Limeade #3
Serving:
nada

People Like This 
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #29
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Illinois
Liked 340 Times on 252 Posts

I am moving in with the SWMBO next week. She met me well after I had started this hobby and knows all the brewing stuff that comes with me.

Knowing this, when she invited me to live with her she set out "her rules"...I get an entire bedroom to store all my brewing stuff. Said bedroom has a sliding door to the deck and backyard. As long as it stays in there she claims she will not complain.

Coming from a 4th floor apartment, this is far more ideal at the moment. I also get the garage since she has no interest in anything in there, and my car is far superior to hers.

This all sounds too good to be true, perhaps the old bait and switch...we'll see.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #30
FromZwolle

Recipes 

Mar 2010
beecher, il
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
I also get the garage since she has no interest in anything in there, and my car is far superior to hers.
sucker.