SWMBO moving in and so it begins - Page 13 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > SWMBO moving in and so it begins

Old 07-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #121
Fionnbharr
Just Some Guy in a Hat
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Forestville, NY
Liked 66 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_man_now View Post
haha i know man sorry. i've been reading stuff here for a while and i've learned a ton. i'll post beer stuff too. i'm a total hophead.

anyway i saw this thread and it pissed me off so i finally made an account. i nearly got kicked out of my school a few years ago for making a joke post on there forums about shooting cops and somebody thought it was "threatening". i hate feeling like i have to watch what i say every second because some liberal is going to get there feelings hurt.
No, you nearly got kicked out of school because you failed first-year English; it's "Their Feelings", not "There Feelings".
- Anon.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #122
beerloaf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Boise, Idaho
Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionnbharr View Post
No, you nearly got kicked out of school because you failed first-year English; it's "Their Feelings", not "There Feelings".
Now that's funny!

beerloaf

Another recent study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles per gallon.

Not bad.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #123
EyePeeAy
Recipes 

Jul 2011
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

lol, i was going to say feelings where?

There are 24 hours in a day. There are 24 bottles in a case of beer. Coincidence? I think not.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #124
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Houston, Texas
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:

Old 07-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #125
E-Mursed

Recipes 

May 2011
Westland, MI
Liked 112 Times on 65 Posts

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication” – Leonardo da Vinci
"A set back is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently" - Henry Ford

Old 07-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #126
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Liked 204 Times on 152 Posts

Well, if we're going there, shouldn't we address

your (possessive) and you're ??? (contraction of 'you are')

Much more common misuse on these forums than anything else -
jus' sayin'

Old 07-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #127
MalFet
/bɪər nɜrd/

Recipes 

May 2010
NYC / Kathmandu
Liked 1474 Times on 975 Posts

Quote:
Quoting Strunk & White in your signature on a beer forum? You must be a ton of fun at parties.

Back to the original off-topic tangent (rather than this new off-topic tangent)...

All these arguments trying to dissect what is and isn't offensive and who should and shouldn't be offended by what and what-not are, to my mind, completely missing the point. The real question is, what kind of place do you want this to be?

The tone around here can quickly turn into that of a bunch of aging frat-boys, fifteen pounds past their prime, sitting around and shouting out the cup-size of women who walk by. It is easy enough for people to mistake us as that already, so why give them a reason to believe it?

Of course nobody is going to read these posts, sit down, and draw up a plan to go engage in recreational domestic abuse, but off-color jokes draw a line through the community separating those on the inside from those on the outside. I know several female brewers, but none of them go to the clubs and conferences because, in the words of one, "who wants to pay to go see a bunch of guys belch at each other and talk about their schlongs."

Let's not be caricatures of ourselves, eh?

Old 07-22-2011, 06:11 AM   #128
Fionnbharr
Just Some Guy in a Hat

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Forestville, NY
Liked 66 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalFet View Post
Quoting Strunk & White in your signature on a beer forum? You must be a ton of fun at parties. ...

<SNIP>

...but none of them go to the clubs and conferences because, in the words of one, "who wants to pay to go see a bunch of guys belch at each other and talk about their schlongs."

Let's not be caricatures of ourselves, eh?
True; we're better than that. And I *am* a ton of fun at parties -- just ask my mom; she thinks I'm cool.

Completely off-topic, but related to the "who wants to pay to go see a bunch of guys belch at each other and talk about their schlongs."-quote:

Many years ago, in college, someone in the Student Activity Council had the bright Idea to bring in Morton Downey, Jr. (remember him?) as a speaker. As controversial as he was, the student newspaper asked a number of 'students-in-the-street' for their opinions, and I was one of them. My reply was "Why would I want to pay to go listen to some a**hole when I can listen to my own farts for free?"

Anyways, it was funny then. And it just goes to show how cool I am and how much fun I can be at parties.

Totally.
- Anon.

Reason: spelling error.