SWMBO moving in and so it begins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWeezie

Reaction score
Has already said. "Beer in the bathroom! can't we put it in one spot?" Uh no we can't I have a system.
She just doesn't understand.

It seems perfectly natural to brew in the bathroom and then you return it to the same place when your body is done with it. Tell her that . . .

and then duck.

Has already said. "Beer in the bathroom! can't we put it in one spot?" Uh no we can't I have a system.
She just doesn't understand.

that, my friend is carte blanche to build an epic brewshed! go for the gold. :mug:

Yea, gonna have to quash that kind of ignorant nonsense and nip it in the bud . . . . . . . . . . . . . then go sleep with the dog:(

I agree with JayWeezie... time to build yourself a brewcave :D

After tripping over bottles and having buckets under the table, my wife kind of supports me having my own space in the basement. I just have to build her an art studio down there first. LOL

That's how I got mine to agree to a future all electric indoor system.

el_kirk said:
:eek:
Is she moving into your house, or are you moving into her house? :confused:

She's moving into my townhome. So space is limited. Hence the primary in the kitchen and my secondary in the bathroom.

Sounds to me like you need a nice shelving unit that will hold all the fermenters. I was really surprised at how much space I regained when I was able to put all my fermenters in 1 spot and loose gear underneath!

MY SWMBO #1 and SWMBO #2 and SWMBO #3 and SWMBO # 4 all agreed that brewing in the kitchen and using three large shelves of the cabinets in the laundry is totally unacceptable. Therefore I have told to build a brewing room in the basement. I am so anxious to finish it.
In order:
Wife; Daughter; Grand Daughter the elder; Grand Daughter the younger;

PS: Here's living with four women ... mug ...

MY SWMBO #1 and SWMBO #2 and SWMBO #3 and SWMBO # 4 all agreed that brewing in the kitchen and using three large shelves of the cabinets in the laundry is totally unacceptable. Therefore I have told to build a brewing room in the basement. I am so anxious to finish it.
In order:
Wife; Daughter; Grand Daughter the elder; Grand Daughter the younger;

PS: Here's living with four women ... mug ...

woof

She's moving into my townhome. So space is limited. Hence the primary in the kitchen and my secondary in the bathroom.

I bought my townhouse exactly 2 months before I met my wife. When she moved in, she knew that it was, and always will be MY house. Our "guest room" is my beer room/hangout. She has never and will never attempt to lay claim to it.

I wouldn't normally say this, but definitely lay down the law on this. It's your house, especially if you own it and aren't renting.

This is why I try to find a woman who is into beer, and my other hobbies. I don't have to worry about changing things to make her happy.

It could also be why I'm still single. LOL

Airborneguy said:
I bought my townhouse exactly 2 months before I met my wife. When she moved in, she knew that it was, and always will be MY house. Our "guest room" is my beer room/hangout. She has never and will never attempt to lay claim to it.

I wouldn't normally say this, but definitely lay down the law on this. It's your house, especially if you own it and aren't renting.

+1. Not sure if I have the balls of a paratrooper but i'll give it a shot. thanks.

original.jpg

In all seriousness, if she's moving into your already established brewing realm, she should be willing to put up with your bathroom habits until you two can work out a BETTER solution.

I have my place and the girlfriend has her place. I would never live in her house and would never want her living here. If for some godforsaken reason we decide to live together someday, well we will need another place thats "neutral." I will still need my 64X81 shed, my brewhouse, and a full basement for my other things. She can have the kitchen and a couple closets.

I agree. It's easier to establish some ground rules so to speak now instead of later. I am extremely lucky with my wife as she is quite understanding. That being said, I am not one to be controlled. :D.

My SWMBO wants me to move in. I had one stipulation. The brewery and all that encompasses my hobby comes with me. First fight about it and I'm out. She fully agreed and showed me my space in HER garage. Complete with water and electric :ban:

I have my place and the girlfriend has her place. I would never live in her house and would never want her living here. If for some godforsaken reason we decide to live together someday, well we will need another place thats "neutral." I will still need my 64X81 shed, my brewhouse, and a full basement for my other things. She can have the kitchen and a couple closets.

Amen.

I feel like this is how SWMBO becomes Ex-SWMBO.

I am moving in with the SWMBO next week. She met me well after I had started this hobby and knows all the brewing stuff that comes with me.

Knowing this, when she invited me to live with her she set out "her rules"...I get an entire bedroom to store all my brewing stuff. Said bedroom has a sliding door to the deck and backyard. As long as it stays in there she claims she will not complain.

Coming from a 4th floor apartment, this is far more ideal at the moment. I also get the garage since she has no interest in anything in there, and my car is far superior to hers.

This all sounds too good to be true, perhaps the old bait and switch...we'll see.

I agree. It's easier to establish some ground rules so to speak now instead of later. I am extremely lucky with my wife as she is quite understanding. That being said, I am not one to be controlled. :D.

I totally agree. We're both like that, so rather than fight about it, we don't try to control each other. Works out great.

I feel like this is how SWMBO becomes Ex-SWMBO.

Done right, this is how you AVOID ever having a "SWMBO" to begin with. I've had that before, and they are all ex's.

I am moving in with the SWMBO next week. She met me well after I had started this hobby and knows all the brewing stuff that comes with me.

Knowing this, when she invited me to live with her she set out "her rules"...I get an entire bedroom to store all my brewing stuff. Said bedroom has a sliding door to the deck and backyard. As long as it stays in there she claims she will not complain.

Coming from a 4th floor apartment, this is far more ideal at the moment. I also get the garage since she has no interest in anything in there, and my car is far superior to hers.

This all sounds too good to be true, perhaps the old bait and switch...we'll see.

If planned/unplanned or even possible, just wait until a baby comes along. The baby will love that beer themed nursery.

When The Lady and I moved in together, I got my man cave, she got her office.

We were in my office/man cave looking at the layout of everything, and I mentioned getting a smaller kegerator because I only had three taps on the one I had.

Her reply? "You said it could have six taps, PUT SIX TAPS on it!"

I totally win.
(as long as my brew stuff stays in my man cave when I'm not actively brewing.)

This was our conversation when we moved into this place.

"I don't care what or who's face you hang on the wall, I'm taking half of the bottom shelf in the fridge and I claim the right to use the "office" for beer and football.

Back