Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Very slow fermentation...Leave it?

Old 04-02-2007, 05:10 AM   #11
EvilTOJ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

A watery taste just after racking is normal, although I don't know the reasons why that is. To me, it only tastes like beer a few weeks after being in bottles.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:34 AM   #12
smack
Recipes 

Please keep us posted as to how our beer turns out. I am relatively new to the game here and am having a similar issue. I have a slow start at least, as far as fermentation, with my recent batch. My primary is an ale pail and after 2 days there is less activity showing from the airlock than with my last few brews so I'm hoping this is not a bad sign and just a slow start to a normal fermentation. There was no activity for the first day and a half, but now this morning began to show a slow start of bubbles comming up. I dunno, I try to be super anal, but stuff happens I guess. This is also the first time I used a smack pack which didn't quite inflate all the way (no starter either) and I think that has something to do with it.
Anyway, if your beer turns out after all you have been thru, I will feel a little better about my own.
I hope it works out! I hate the thought of beer going bad. Good luck!

Old 04-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #13
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 725 Times on 406 Posts
Likes Given: 261

FWIW, I checked my Belgian Wit last nigth after 4 days in the primary. Huge krausen and substantial blow off, but the gravity has only dropped 7 points and the beer is still sweet. All show and no go so far. Patience is a virtue.

I know there is good fermentation, I just assume that batches differ. Last batch of this stuff was ready for the keg in 12 days total.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:32 AM   #14
morbplas
Recipes 

Well, it went into bottles last weekend, and it tasted a lot more like beer at that point. So, we'll see how is tastes in a couple weeks.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:50 AM   #15
Jetsers
Recipes 

awesome story, good luck with the beer, and for the other guy, my most recent batch didn't take off till day 3, then it went wild, I know how you feel.