Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wheat and Rye Beer > All-Grain - Lemon-Lime Hefe Weizen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #771
HawksBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,509
Liked 1032 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default


Great recipe Slim. Only addition was an oz of Citra late in the boil. Cracked one last night after a month or so in the bottle and it is delicious. Very refreshing, yet definitively a hefeweizen. I love the clove phenolics put off by this yeast w/ a lower fermentation temp, and paired w/ the lemon-lime is a great combo. Should be smooth and easy drinking come summer when the temps rise here in the midwest. Cheers.
HawksBrewer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #772
fireslayer
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Racine
Posts: 129
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default


Mine has been in the fermenter since Sunday. Used lemon zest and lemonade instead of lime. Just added the lemonade today and it's happily bubbling away again.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1603787110.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	109189  
fireslayer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #773
SD-SLIM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 1,192
Liked 66 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksBrewer
Great recipe Slim. Only addition was an oz of Citra late in the boil. Cracked one last night after a month or so in the bottle and it is delicious. Very refreshing, yet definitively a hefeweizen. I love the clove phenolics put off by this yeast w/ a lower fermentation temp, and paired w/ the lemon-lime is a great combo. Should be smooth and easy drinking come summer when the temps rise here in the midwest. Cheers.
Glad you liked it!
SD-SLIM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #774
SD-SLIM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 1,192
Liked 66 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksBrewer
Great recipe Slim. Only addition was an oz of Citra late in the boil. Cracked one last night after a month or so in the bottle and it is delicious. Very refreshing, yet definitively a hefeweizen. I love the clove phenolics put off by this yeast w/ a lower fermentation temp, and paired w/ the lemon-lime is a great combo. Should be smooth and easy drinking come summer when the temps rise here in the midwest. Cheers.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
SD-SLIM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #775
SD-SLIM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 1,192
Liked 66 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by fireslayer
Mine has been in the fermenter since Sunday. Used lemon zest and lemonade instead of lime. Just added the lemonade today and it's happily bubbling away again.
I think you will enjoy the lemonade version...if you feel like has an a dry unsweet taste to it, add frozen strawberries!
SD-SLIM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #776
SD-SLIM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 1,192
Liked 66 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-SLIM

I think you will enjoy the lemonade version...if you feel like has an a dry unsweet taste to it, add frozen strawberries!
I should clarify...add frozen strawberries to your mug after its been poured....give a great look, makes it ice cold and it taste like strawberry lemon aide!
SD-SLIM is offline  
Mysticmead Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #777
fireslayer
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Racine
Posts: 129
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-SLIM

I should clarify...add frozen strawberries to your mug after its been poured....give a great look, makes it ice cold and it taste like strawberry lemon aide!
That sounds really good!
fireslayer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #778
Mysticmead
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kingston, GA
Posts: 1,318
Liked 84 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 134

Default


just a note to those that can't find Whitelabs Hefe IV yeast... Wyeast 3333 is the exact same strain
Mysticmead is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #779
SD-SLIM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 1,192
Liked 66 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default


So I'm curious, for those of you who have brewed this recipe with all the original ingredients....where would you feel comfortable subbing? Grain, hops, yeast or limeade? I'm a little partial since its my recipe, but I'm curious what others are ok with.
SD-SLIM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #780
Mysticmead
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kingston, GA
Posts: 1,318
Liked 84 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 134

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-SLIM View Post
So I'm curious, for those of you who have brewed this recipe with all the original ingredients....where would you feel comfortable subbing? Grain, hops, yeast or limeade? I'm a little partial since its my recipe, but I'm curious what others are ok with.
maybe subbing the base grain... swapping pislner for the pale malt... the yeast can be a direct swap for Wyeast 3333. Maybe doing a double decotion mash to get some extra flavors... but I'd stick with the limeade and hops
Mysticmead is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paulaner-style Hefe Weizen homebrewer_99 Wheat and Rye Beer 145 08-30-2014 02:54 AM
Citrus Weizen FSR402 Wheat and Rye Beer 100 04-05-2013 03:35 PM
Extract - Paulaner Hefe-Weizen Clone ryandigital Wheat and Rye Beer 0 09-19-2010 09:31 PM
All-Grain - Lead Penny Hefe "German Hefe Style Beer" RICLARK Wheat and Rye Beer 1 04-06-2009 07:46 PM
Großer Weizen Desert_Sky Wheat and Rye Beer 0 08-04-2007 05:44 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS