Fruit Beer Lemon-Lime Hefe Weizen - Page 74 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Fruit Beer Lemon-Lime Hefe Weizen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #731
SD-SLIM
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,207
Liked 70 Times on 42 Posts


For those asking about the blood orange recipe, I will post later this week...as for comments about primary or secondary, this beer doesn't require a secondary fermentation because it doesn't use whole fruits, instead it's 100% fermentable which requires no transfer....final comment on ingredients for this recipe: the hops and yeast are the most important part of this beer, third would be the limeade and then grain...so choose wisely as you sub ingredients in and out, of course it will still taste good, but with the right ingredients this beer is great...don't believe me, read the post from people who couldn't get an ingredient for the first batch but did for their second!



 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #732
fishfoolz
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 74
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


Thanks guys, you answered my questions. Where can I find the hops used in this beer? I am definitely making this beer many times in the future, so if I can get the ingredients I will stock up on them. You can't buy these hops in Alaska. Is it too late to add the limeade? I also can't find it up here, but will continue to look.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #733
SD-SLIM
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,207
Liked 70 Times on 42 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfoolz
Thanks guys, you answered my questions. Where can I find the hops used in this beer? I am definitely making this beer many times in the future, so if I can get the ingredients I will stock up on them. You can't buy these hops in Alaska. Is it too late to add the limeade? I also can't find it up here, but will continue to look.
Someone on this thread was in Alaska and found it all...but if not just do a google search for the ingredients and get them online.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #734
defdans
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 40

This will be next for me. Anyone who did the extract grapefruit version have any specific suggestions outside of the initial post?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #735
fishfoolz
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 74
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-SLIM

Someone on this thread was in Alaska and found it all...but if not just do a google search for the ingredients and get them online.
Will frozen limeade work as well? That is all I can find and I called every grocery store up here. They have every kind of freakin "simply" juice you can think of, except the limeade!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #736
KirkD
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Pleasant Hill, OR, Oregon
Posts: 31


Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfoolz View Post
Will frozen limeade work as well? That is all I can find and I called every grocery store up here. They have every kind of freakin "simply" juice you can think of, except the limeade!
Walmart is where I found it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #737
kellysrepairs
Recipes 
 
Jan 2013
Posts: 55


I was lucky enough to find all the ingredents for this one, its on day 5 and still bubbling away

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #738
rideincircles
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 280
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


I bottled mine just shy of 3 weeks last night. Too much going on this week to wait around for it.

Lime Lime Lime. It's very prevalent. I ended up going from 1.054-1.008 with Wyeast 3068. I took an extra sample when bottling last night that cost me topping off the last bottle. No worries, this stuff will be great. Perfect spring beer. Now I need to wait a while which will be hard.

This is definitely a recipe to keep around.
__________________
Started brewing February 2012. Still brewing.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #739
AVLbrewing
Recipes 
 
Jan 2013
Posts: 173
Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rideincircles
I bottled mine just shy of 3 weeks last night. Too much going on this week to wait around for it.

Lime Lime Lime. It's very prevalent. I ended up going from 1.054-1.008 with Wyeast 3068. I took an extra sample when bottling last night that cost me topping off the last bottle. No worries, this stuff will be great. Perfect spring beer. Now I need to wait a while which will be hard.

This is definitely a recipe to keep around.
I feel your pain on the waiting part! My samples tasted great. My batch has been bottled for a little over a week! Two more to go!

Cheers!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #740
SD-SLIM
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,207
Liked 70 Times on 42 Posts


My advice...start brewing more now! Everyone who waited for this there first time were upset that it only last a few days when it's done...wash the yeast and go again!



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lemon/Lime Mead? dudasaj Mead Forum 24 03-21-2013 05:46 PM
Lemon Lime ale tandersen123 Extract Brewing 3 04-24-2012 12:43 AM
Use of tea and lemon or lime juice rowingbrewer Mead Forum 5 04-17-2011 08:04 AM
Lemon Lime Lager GreenMan Recipes/Ingredients 3 03-31-2011 12:03 AM
Lemon Lime dataz722 Soda Making 3 03-16-2010 06:10 PM


Forum Jump