Fruit Beer Lemon-Lime Hefe Weizen - Page 65 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Fruit Beer Lemon-Lime Hefe Weizen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #641
Pratzie
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Pratzie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,549
Liked 157 Times on 111 Posts


What would you think this would be like if I used Nottingham or some other ale yeast instead a Hefe strain? Im looking more for a citrus american pale wheat as opposed to a clover/estery brew. Any thoughts?
__________________
Bottled: Nothing :(
Kegged: Nothing :(
Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Aging:
On Deck: Deception Cream Stout, BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, Yooper's Oatmeal Stout, Joe's Ancient Orange Mead, Reaper's Mild

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #642
SD-SLIM
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,207
Liked 70 Times on 42 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing
I'm kind of hoping one of the people will chime in or Slim if he knows.
It's been entered as a fruit beer, Biere de Garde, Weizen and Dunkel Wezen....as for myself, I never enter beers or classify them as a style because I hope every beer that create and that you guys help perfect, doesn't fit any style!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #643
MrBoogaloo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
MrBoogaloo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Central, Indiana
Posts: 45
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


I started this recipe back in Sep. Unfortunately I was sent away to school before it was ready to bottle, so I had to let it sit for another month and a half in the secondary with hopes that it would be ok when I bottled it when I returned home.

I’m happy to say that things worked out well! The beer is great! While I’m usually partial to the heavier beers this time of year, I like popping open one of these from time to time. It goes down easily. For what it’s worth, SWMBO likes this recipe the best so far!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #644
SD-SLIM
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,207
Liked 70 Times on 42 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoogaloo
I started this recipe back in Sep. Unfortunately I was sent away to school before it was ready to bottle, so I had to let it sit for another month and a half in the secondary with hopes that it would be ok when I bottled it when I returned home.

I’m happy to say that things worked out well! The beer is great! While I’m usually partial to the heavier beers this time of year, I like popping open one of these from time to time. It goes down easily. For what it’s worth, SWMBO likes this recipe the best so far!
I'm happy it turned out and y'all like the beer...Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #645
KCBigDog
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Elgin, IL
Posts: 318
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts


Brewed this last night. Very easy brew day, and the hydro sample tasted good. My OG was 1.070! so my effeciency was really high for a change... Gonna be a butt kicker when finished!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #646
SD-SLIM
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,207
Liked 70 Times on 42 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBigDog
Brewed this last night. Very easy brew day, and the hydro sample tasted good. My OG was 1.070! so my effeciency was really high for a change... Gonna be a butt kicker when finished!
Congratulations...post pictures if you can!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #647
Callacave
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Callacave's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Atkinson, NH
Posts: 312
Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts


This one is kegged Slim. What an easy drinker. Very tasty. Just wish I decided to brew this in the Summer so I could sit on my deck and suck a bunch of these down!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #648
SD-SLIM
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,207
Liked 70 Times on 42 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Callacave
This one is kegged Slim. What an easy drinker. Very tasty. Just wish I decided to brew this in the Summer so I could sit on my deck and suck a bunch of these down!!
Glad you liked it...it does turn a hot summer day in to a relaxing one!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #649
jknapp12105
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Posts: 191
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


When I bottled the beer, it kind of smelled like butt. Lol did anybody else have that problem?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #650
jknapp12105
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Posts: 191
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfaninSanDiego
elaborate on "smelled like butt"..like Jennifer Anistons butt or Rosie O'Donnells butt?
Whoopi Goldberg's butt

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lemon/Lime Mead? dudasaj Mead Forum 24 03-21-2013 05:46 PM
Lemon Lime ale tandersen123 Extract Brewing 3 04-24-2012 12:43 AM
Use of tea and lemon or lime juice rowingbrewer Mead Forum 5 04-17-2011 08:04 AM
Lemon Lime Lager GreenMan Recipes/Ingredients 3 03-31-2011 12:03 AM
Lemon Lime dataz722 Soda Making 3 03-16-2010 06:10 PM


Forum Jump