- Classifieds is 100% at your own risk. HomeBrewTalk nor anyone associated with HomeBrewTalk is responsible for your transaction nor can we help you in anyway.
- Absolutely NO commercial, reselling, vendor like postings or bulk selling will be allowed.
- Do not bump your own thread while it is still on page.
- No disparaging remarks are allowed in a Classified thread. If you think someone's goods are junk, priced too high, etc, keep it to yourself. No one is forcing you to buy anything and the market will take care of itself. Neither is a Classified thread normally a good place to carry on an extended discussion. It is not a typical thread but is someone's advertisement, and you should be extra-respectful of a Classifieds thread.
- All merchandise posted for sale must have a listed price. List only items you have for sale. Do not buy or sell for non-members.
- You may NOT sell beer, commercial or homebrew, on this forum.
We've had a few sketchy deals go down in this area, so some things to take note of.
These two frauds were related but it is not always easy to figure out. Especially the second one.
1. OP had lots and lots and lots of really good deals posted on several sites. Google the name and certain parts of the post. If you see http://www.google.com/search?q=henrydg+gift+certificates&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a, that's a red flag.
2. Low to no post count on here and every other sites.
3. Reluctance to answer a direct question.
4. Images were hosted by a not-so-typical web host. (SE Asia)
5. OP used stock images. You should request recent and multiple pictures.
6. OP wanted quick transactions.
HBT does not vet the classifieds, it's up to you to help out. If people are asking legit questions (and yes, that includes motive to sell) and being civil about it, that's a good thing. If the seller is being indignant about it, too bad. That's the price of doing business here.
Ask lots of questions. If you buy, a portion of your money goes toward trust. Make sure that person earns it.