AHS Apocalypso Opinions - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > AHS Apocalypso Opinions
Sign-up To NEW HBT Article Newsletter - Brewing Articles Direct To You!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #41
slogger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 112
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Two weeks in primary fermentor and then force carbed it! It is pretty friggin good! I don't know that it will last long enough to mature, it tastes great as is! Definitely buying this again!



Reason: spelling, spelling, spelling.
slogger is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #42
KubelkaMonk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rockwall, TX
Posts: 5
Default

I went ahead and just stuck to the directions. This will be my first batch with active fermentation temperature control. I have high hopes for this one.


KubelkaMonk is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #43
cincybrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 630
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger View Post
Two weeks in primary fermentor and then force carbed it! It is pretty friggin good! I don't know that it will last long enough to mature, it tastes great as is! Definitely buying this again!
I hope I like it as much as you did because recipes really don't get any simpler than this one.
cincybrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #44
Elweydoloco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 141
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Oddly enough, I'm brewing it right now and am doing a mini mash as well. I'm just gonna stick to the directions. Austin home brew knows what they're doing and I've yet to have a bad lot from them. I've also got their double chocolate stout in a primary right now. The best place to start for recipe modifications on one of their kits is on their website.
__________________
Primary
AHS London Porter
Secondary
Bottled
AHS Blue Moon Clone, Double Choco Stout, Porter, Hard Apple Cider, Apocalypso
Elweydoloco is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #45
KubelkaMonk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rockwall, TX
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elweydoloco View Post
Oddly enough, I'm brewing it right now and am doing a mini mash as well. I'm just gonna stick to the directions. Austin home brew knows what they're doing and I've yet to have a bad lot from them. I've also got their double chocolate stout in a primary right now. The best place to start for recipe modifications on one of their kits is on their website.
I appreciate the second opinion. I had my eye on the AHS Coffee Malt Stout as my next brew. Where would I find info about recipe modifications on the AHS website. Would it be in the comments left for the individual recipe? -Or- Would I have to e-mail or call AHS for Advise? -Or- Is there another place on the site for this inforamtion? - Thanks.
KubelkaMonk is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #46
slogger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 112
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincybrewer View Post
I hope I like it as much as you did because recipes really don't get any simpler than this one.
Yeah! It's hard to believe that this beer comes out as good as it does with such a simple recipe. I was tempted to dry hop but stuck to the recipe and I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger. It tastes great as is!
slogger is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #47
Elweydoloco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 141
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubelkaMonk

I appreciate the second opinion. I had my eye on the AHS Coffee Malt Stout as my next brew. Where would I find info about recipe modifications on the AHS website. Would it be in the comments left for the individual recipe? -Or- Would I have to e-mail or call AHS for Advise? -Or- Is there another place on the site for this inforamtion? - Thanks.
I'm sorry I just now am replying. However if you read the reviews on the beer kits they offer, 90% of them will have people speaking of the recipe and what they felt it lacked or if it was spot on for them. Like the double chocolate I now have in it's first round of secondary, everyone said add more chocolate. So I added double the chocolate about 15 minutes left in the boil. When there is a consensus it's normally right so I'll listen to it.
__________________
Primary
AHS London Porter
Secondary
Bottled
AHS Blue Moon Clone, Double Choco Stout, Porter, Hard Apple Cider, Apocalypso
Elweydoloco is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #48
Elweydoloco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 141
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Honestly the only thing I did was add some Irish moss to it as I'm trying to clear it up. I'm sure I'll secondary and try to cold crash too but we will see. Judging from how it came out of the brew kettle it looked hazy already.

Anyone try cold crashing this one yet or did secondary clear it up enough or you minis the chill haze maybe?
__________________
Primary
AHS London Porter
Secondary
Bottled
AHS Blue Moon Clone, Double Choco Stout, Porter, Hard Apple Cider, Apocalypso
Elweydoloco is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #49
cincybrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 630
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default

just kegged this last week. as of last night it was pretty darn good. still hasn't completely cleared yet and was a little harsh from the bitterness but i expect that to mellow a little.
cincybrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #50
rhamilton
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,242
Liked 66 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I'll be moving this to secondary sometime this week. My first brew -- but it at least smells and looks good so far.....


rhamilton is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need some opinions on a tangerine wit refect Extract Brewing 12 03-18-2011 05:11 PM
Opinions please on a beergamble DrunkleJon Extract Brewing 4 01-20-2011 02:55 AM
Opinions on Midwest Grand Cru zyx345 Extract Brewing 0 01-17-2011 08:02 AM
Opinions on this simple recipe MississippiSlim Extract Brewing 2 02-26-2010 05:29 PM
Belgian Blonde - Opinions Please Azharen Extract Brewing 17 02-12-2010 06:15 AM


Forum Jump