The wood (the wood that shows, anyways) is all red oak stained with Cherrywood gel stain from Minwax. The tiles, including the backsplash, are porcelain and have a nice texture to them. I originally wanted to go with natural stone, but it would have been much heavier and MUCH more expensive.
The freezer is the 7 cubic foot GE from Home Depot and sits on a 2x6 dolly with casters. The freezer *just* fits 4 corny ball lock kegs on the floor (though only 3 are in the pics) plus the CO2 tank on the bump. Its controlled by a Love Controls device, visible behind the tap handles. Here's a pic of the inside of the freezer with the tubing, regulators, etc.
The lid is really heavy, so when it was all assembled, I decided I needed a safe way to keep the lid open, ensuring that the whole thing wouldn't fall backwards (it very nearly did, twice) or fall closed on me. I got two lift-assist gas springs, one for either side. Now the top is easy to open and will not open too far. They were custom made by Lift Support Technologies in Canada (http://www.customgassprings.com/
) and were pretty affordable considering (about $150 total, delivered).
The only catch with the gas springs is that they were so strong that they were able to lift the freezer straight up in the back and tipped it forward. It would only do this with the freezer empty, and solving this problem was pretty easy. I attached small chains from the freezer hinges to the base that the freezer sits on. Here's a pic of the back of the unit:
More to come. If you have any questions about the build, let me know!