4th of July picnics - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > 4th of July picnics

Old 07-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Misfit
Recipes 

Jun 2011
West Chester, pa
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

So here I am sitting pool side at a 4th of july picnic at the girlfriends grandfathers house. There usually is no beer at these type of events (probably because he is a federal judge), but today I though hey ill bring a sixer of my home brew for myself and maybe one or two others to enjoy. I'm sitting here on my fourth small cup of my underhop ipa. I'm thinking oh god half of my sixer is gone allready and soon ill be out of beer.

Next what happens someone brings a cooler and says hey I brought the beer. My ears perk up and I get excited. Yuengling? Sam Adams? SN pale ale? Hell even miller light?

Nope. Flipping coors light. Sob. Might as well brought pee in a bottle. Now back to drinking real beer.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 404 Times on 319 Posts

I ran out of Capital supper club yesterday while out on the water and was forced to switch to keystone light. It tasted like water, which was good since it was hot and sunny.
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Misfit
Recipes 

Jun 2011
West Chester, pa
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Keystone light pretty awful. I'm about to switch to coors I'm down to my last beer! Ahhhh!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 404 Times on 319 Posts

Just relax and contemplate the hydration you'll get. You won't need a bottle of water for awhile.
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Probably not drinking. Getting some hotdogs and some pool action. Did my drinking yesterday.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
bengerman
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Redmond, Washington
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

i bought some Redhook ESB for my bbq. just had one, and i'm wishing i'd gotten something lighter. i'd actually consider a lager right now.

luckily, the cooler is full of Skeeter Pee.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
Misfit
Recipes 

Jun 2011
West Chester, pa
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Badmitten kept me busy now its food time then its time for a swim. I had hoped my hard lemonade would be ready by now but three weeks wasn't enough. Wow its humid.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
cclloyd

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Largo, Florida
Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts

I scored a conversion victory Sunday... went to some friends for pool time and cookout and brought a 12'er of my El Jefe Weizen. My friend Jules (who's drinking BL Lime) asks what I brought. So I pop a top and hand her one and she's all "damn this is good - I could down a bunch of these" and proceeds to pour out her remaining BL Lime and drink my beers with me until they were gone. Victory is mine!!

Old 07-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
thisgoestoeleven
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Fair Haven, VT
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

A friend of mine brought Blue Moon Summer to my house yesterday. Not something I'd order at a bar, but pretty tasty and refreshing when you've been out in the sun. I also made my first attempt at barbecue. I brined and rubbed a pork butt, then smoked it for about 8 hours yesterday. For my first try, it came out really well.