Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > "You want beer with that?" Burger King and Sonic to start selling beer and wine.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #51
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2890 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 3520

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcklord View Post
I don't see how this is that big of a deal compared to other restaurants. Chipotle for example was majority owned by McDonald's and has beer for sale by the bottle. Although I don't think I have ever seen anyone order a beer at lunch time. I don't think there is anything wrong with offering beer along with soda.
But Chipotle's is still considered a "sit down" place, they may have carry out but they don't really do drive through.

I wonder though if you can get a bottle of beer with carryout?

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #52
jkarp
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I wonder though if you can get a bottle of beer with carryout?
Can not. I've tried. Note they open the bottle behind the counter before giving it to you.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #53
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2890 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 3520

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarp View Post
Can not. I've tried. Note they open the bottle behind the counter before giving it to you.
I figured that would be the case. I'm sure the same policies are in place for these places as well.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #54
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender

Recipes 

Liked 385 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechien
Bad food and bad beer...perfect
This.

Who cares about these restaurants? Not me.
murr
Kegged
Modified Warbler Pale Ale (with wet-hop addition&different yeast)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 07-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #55
iaefebs
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 244 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyPortion View Post
This.

Who cares about these restaurants? Not me.
When I was traveling with co workers for my job I always cringed when the vote was a "fast food" place. I would go along with it because there has to be something decent to eat ...right?.... wrong....now offer me a beer and I will stop and sop up whatever crud they serve as long as I can wash it down with a beer. A BMC would taste like liquid gold after the crap they sell. Disclaimer...I have only eaten at a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's Sonic, Taco Bell about 100 times in 30 years. None in the last 3 years. I do Subway about once every two months. I wonder what they would say if I stopped in and ordered a 6 pack to go without ordering food?

Old 07-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #56
buffalobrewer
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

the late night taco joint in buffalo (mighty taco) used to sell beer. Just what you needed at 3:30 on the way home from the bars...

Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #57
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3656 Times on 2487 Posts
Likes Given: 2473

Not all fast food is bad or is bad for you. Most FF joints have some healthy options nowadays. We eat a lot at home, sometimes we go out, and sometimes we eat fast and easy. I'm so used to drinking Coke with my fast food that having a beer would feel strange. I still drink Coke with pizza. I just think it tastes better.

My wife drinks milk with her pizza. Yeah, I know.