Calling All Metal Fans - Page 78 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Calling All Metal Fans

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #771
headbanger
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
The Hill, KY
Posts: 2,838
Liked 767 Times on 477 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 509inc

This cant be for real. This is a metal Weird Al type band right?
You have a problem with it?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #772
509inc
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
OKC
Posts: 1,149
Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
You have a problem with it?
Nope, no problem here. Just not my thing and it looked like it might be a spoof video.
__________________
My HomeBrew and Craft Beer Blog:
http://the509inc.blogspot.com/

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #773
headbanger
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
The Hill, KY
Posts: 2,838
Liked 767 Times on 477 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 509inc

Nope, no problem here. Just not my thing and it looked like it might be a spoof video.
Straight up power metal, I thought the album was really good... Definite improvement from their debut last year. The vocals take some getting used to but lots of killer riffs, it will grow on you if you let it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #774
509inc
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
OKC
Posts: 1,149
Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Straight up power metal, I thought the album was really good... Definite improvement from their debut last year. The vocals take some getting used to but lots of killer riffs, it will grow on you if you let it.
I had to rewatch it to give it a far chance.

My review:
Leather. Check
Animal print accessories. Check.
Hair Flips. Quadruple check.

Everyone but the drummer had a close up of them flipping their hair back. Not head banging, but hair flipping.

Then the look on the singers face. This was the last straw. I was certain this was a spoof. A power metal spinal tap.
__________________
My HomeBrew and Craft Beer Blog:
http://the509inc.blogspot.com/

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #775
headbanger
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
The Hill, KY
Posts: 2,838
Liked 767 Times on 477 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 509inc

I had to rewatch it to give it a far chance.

My review:
Leather. Check
Animal print accessories. Check.
Hair Flips. Quadruple check.

Everyone but the drummer had a close up of them flipping their hair back. Not head banging, but hair flipping.

Then the look on the singers face. This was the last straw. I was certain this was a spoof. A power metal spinal tap.
Haha, exactly why I never liked music videos. Who cares what they look like, it should be about the music no? Besides, they're from Europe.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #776
509inc
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
OKC
Posts: 1,149
Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Haha, exactly why I never liked music videos. Who cares what they look like, it should be about the music no? Besides, they're from Europe.
Oh they're from Europe. Well that explains it all.
__________________
My HomeBrew and Craft Beer Blog:
http://the509inc.blogspot.com/

headbanger Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #777
PanzerBanana
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Elkhart, IN
Posts: 406
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


You wanna group that really takes you by surprise. Pirate metal! What's not to love?

!
__________________
Toons'n'Brew Million Dollar Noob

headbanger Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #778
edb
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Chicago
Posts: 261
Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts


Oi I dont know how I've missed this thread and I've been on here as long as I have. LOL

Old school favs:
Scorps Uli era, Rainbow, Purple, Dio, Sabbath, MSG, Yngwie, Priest, Maiden etc.

Current favs:
Dream Theater, Kamelot, Scar Symmetry, Amorphis, Epica, Symphony X, In Flames.. Mostly listen to Power, Prog, Melodic, Melodic Death, Tech.

Also a musician when not doing IT crap and thinking about beer

Some songs from my band:
first cd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phHwjWLwatQ
second cd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLUtZRev1DA
upcoming third cd:
https://soundcloud.com/mindwarpchamber/imprisoned_mind
__________________

Fermenter 1: Gumball head clone
Fermenter 2: Azacca Mosaic Promise-ish

headbanger Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #779
oldstyle69
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
chicago, il
Posts: 514
Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzerBanana View Post
You wanna group that really takes you by surprise. Pirate metal! What's not to love?

Alestorm!
that is one sweet keytar
__________________
___________
do your job and get me a beer!

on EA Sports...Oldstyle77

on Steam... Oldstyle69

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #780
oldstyle69
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
chicago, il
Posts: 514
Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6OlvkzR51Y

?ehh
__________________
___________
do your job and get me a beer!

on EA Sports...Oldstyle77

on Steam... Oldstyle69

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling All Penn State Fans!!! MVKTR2 General Chit Chat 21 09-14-2010 09:16 PM
1980's metal fans guess who this is? Papinquack General Chit Chat 3 09-16-2009 12:37 AM
Metal Fans - Check these guys out! Doog_Si_Reeb General Chit Chat 8 02-01-2009 07:25 PM
Can metal get too heavy? leftyguitarjoe General Chit Chat 10 10-30-2008 07:39 PM
Death Metal Anyone ? Mutilated1 General Chit Chat 15 08-15-2007 02:30 AM


Forum Jump