One thing after another and then it happened - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > One thing after another and then it happened

Old 06-29-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
mattd2
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Papamoa, New Zealand
Liked 307 Times on 245 Posts

So I had a bad night the other night. Got home from work and the wife was sick (1) so I said I would make dinner and sort the kids, got them in a bath and went and made dinner, mac&cheese as I was being a bit lazy, asnd while the cheese sauce was cooking I decided to put the kids PJs in the dryer to make them nice and toasty to get into. Walk into the garage and notice the dryer is on but not moving (which is weird because even after it stops it still rotates every 30 seconds or so for "crease free" clothes), so I pull the clothes in there out and go to start the dryer and nothing (2 - turns out the start run cap was blown). Then I go and put the dinner in the oven to bake and the dish slips and I spill half the dinner into the bottom of the oven (3), so I clean that up get the kids dress and feed and in bed and then go to take a look at the dryer. I open it up and end up cutting myself on one of the pressed sheet metal panels (4 - not a bad cut but one of the ones that stings!)...
So I patch my finger up and finish of and think "you know what, I could really do with a sit down and a beer", I grab and glass and head to the keg fridge...

And then it happened...

1" of beer in the bottom of the glass and then PSSSSSSSSST

Keg kicked and I had no more homebrew (or even beer) left!
Damn no pipeline and a fridge that can only hold 1 keg!

I need to brew more!

/rant

Anyone else go an ammusing story like this?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
jkarp
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Elizabeth, CO
Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts

Could be worse. You could be this poor bastard...

Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 AM   #3
mattd2
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Papamoa, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarp View Post
Could be worse. You could be this poor bastard...
Wow... all I can say about that one!

At least I didn't get hurt, spare the cut finger.
One thing I am happy about is the pride I can feel by fixing (hopefully a $15 capacitor) the dryer myself and not paying someone $100+ to do it. Silver linings, it's all about finding the silver linings. I also have a keg of Edwort's Apfelwein in the fridge now

Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

Dude, that's a sukky day and a half!

I know my Wit is going to kick any day now. And my other homebrew is fairly nasty Oktoberfest that I'm seriously thinking about pouring out as soon as I have something else to take it's place.

But I gots lots of bottled beer in the fridge and other stashes. You really need to take better care of yourself you know!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Chap
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Kailua, Hawaii
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Kicked my Chocolate Milk Stout tonight. Been nursing it for a few days so I knew it was coming. The Blonde Ale I brewed is flavorless and is in the secondary with raspberries hoping for flavor. Barleywine still has months before it is ready. Apfelwein and Graff ready to drink but I could really use a beer ... still my day sounds better that yours, sorry dude.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
mattd2
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Papamoa, New Zealand

Thanks guys, yeah I really got to bet brewing more! Going to try to get a MLT together tonight and hopefully pick up my keggle from the shop and get my DIY grain mill bolted together and working so then, after all that is done, I can really get into AG!

Old 06-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
Xaphoeous
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Kaihoro, Phonebox
Liked 829 Times on 805 Posts

Dang, sounds like some sort of Stephen King horror flick...but then again, I've never seen a horror flick that scared me as much as actually being out of beer.

My condolences, good sir. I would have had a full-blown meltdown at the macaroni-spilling-into-oven part and just burned the damn house down!

"Just chug a few. Then all of the sudden it's time to be drunk, and you don't have the time for whatever else you were doing." -TallDan

Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
Guidry
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Denham Springs, La
Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaphoeous View Post
being out of beer.
Yes, this sounds horrifying although I am scanning all over snopes right now as I am fairly certain it is an urban legend. Please explain how something like this can happen!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
Xaphoeous
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Kaihoro, Phonebox
Liked 829 Times on 805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidry View Post
Yes, this sounds horrifying although I am scanning all over snopes right now as I am fairly certain it is an urban legend. Please explain how something like this can happen!
I'm not totally sure if it's really possible. I've heard it can only happen when there are two full moons in one calendar month, causing an outbreak of strange funk to infect all beers not yet bottled/kegged, and I believe it can only happen on Russian soil.

So the really important question here is, "has someone been smuggling Russian soil into American brewhouses?"

This is serious business.

"Just chug a few. Then all of the sudden it's time to be drunk, and you don't have the time for whatever else you were doing." -TallDan