More progress to report:
This thing is really starting to come together and look like something!
I used great stuff to fill some of the gaps around the the extra layer of bottom insulation, caulked the hell out of everything, then started installing the foil-backed insulation. So far I have the top, bottom, and back of said insulation installed. I also then finished enclosing the end.
A quick shot inside the fridge end:
Again, caulking the hell out of every joint I can, and I plan to install reflectix foil tape over those joints for a littel additional protection from the elements.
And the other end:
As you can see, I've still got to install two more sections of the foil-backed insulation inside, but I just kinda ran out of steam tonight. Figure I'll get them in tomorrow, caulk things up some more, then Saturday once the caulk is cured I'll apply foil tape, and get working on the door.
I'll probably head over to home depot one more time to look for that plastic sheet... If I find it and it's not too expensive, I'll pick it up and work that into the design too - though I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to get such a thing into there through the door (the longer pieces of insulation for the top/bottom/back only made it in through the open end, which is now decidedly closed up... Maybe if I put it in by sections - but then I'll be stuck with a lot more joints.