Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Step-by-step: Using amylase to convert flaked corn

Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Waybackbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

so a thought occurs, the corn i am using is blue corn, and the mash comes out a brilliant royal purple, might be hard to pick up the iodine in that

Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 152 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waybackbrewer View Post
so a thought occurs, the corn i am using is blue corn, and the mash comes out a brilliant royal purple, might be hard to pick up the iodine in that
Thin it out with some extra water. I do the same for stouts/porters.

MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
MariposaSouth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just did a mash w/ quinoa malt, buckwheat (toasted and roasted), amaranth (roasted), millet, and rolled oats. I brought the PH down using Gypsum, did a protein rest, and then brought it all to 156. I added Amylase Formula at the beginning - it is NOT converting I've boosted the temp (to 158F) and I'm going to let it sit while I sleep. We'll see in the morning. So far I'm disappointed in Amylase Formula...