Co2 in keezer? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Co2 in keezer?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
LILJONNYWV
Recipes 

Jan 2010
HUNTINGTON,WV, WV

Is it better to have your co2 tank in the keezer or outside it?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Dublin (No, not that Dublin)
Liked 271 Times on 209 Posts

It doesn't matter. The tank pressure gauge will read low in the keezer. If you keep it outside you'll have to run a high pressure line and drill through the collar. Either way works.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2011
New Port Richey, Florida
Liked 505 Times on 334 Posts

I like to leave mine out most tanks are made of steel and they rust the brass valve bodies patina to green and the springs in gauges rust and weaken.............my .02

Old 06-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008
, Maryland, The Tax Me State
Liked 527 Times on 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaksnbeer View Post
I like to leave mine out most tanks are made of steel and they rust the brass valve bodies patina to green and the springs in gauges rust and weaken.............my .02
I wouldn't say that most tanks are steel. Most of us prefer aluminum tanks for keggerators etc. But like stated above. It doesn't matter. I keep mine inside just to keep it neat and enclosed.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #5
Flomaster

Recipes 

Nov 2010
Orange, Ca
Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts

I am toying with the idea of rigging a quick disconnect to the backside of my keezer lid. as of now I can only have 4 kegs on deck with my 20lb co2 tank inside. or i just make a mini collar so I can get my o2 line into the keezer.

-=Jason=-