weihenstephaner clone - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > weihenstephaner clone

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
gonzoflick
 
gonzoflick's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Orlando, FL
Posts: 466
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts



I saw an AG recipe for this here using 5.5lb Malted Wheat and 5.5lb German Pilsener and since I cant find a big enough pot to go AG by this weekend I picked up the following


3.3lb Wheat LME
3.3lb Light LME

1oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker at 60min

Weihenstephaner ale yeast

Look ok with the extract mentioned?

Thanks


__________________
Primary: Fullers ESB Clone
Secondary: Hierra Sevada Pale Ale
Bottled: NOTHING
On tap: NOTHING

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
gonzoflick
 
gonzoflick's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Orlando, FL
Posts: 466
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


nm looking to Ed's all grain post i see the extract bill here works... CANT WAIT!!


__________________
Primary: Fullers ESB Clone
Secondary: Hierra Sevada Pale Ale
Bottled: NOTHING
On tap: NOTHING

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
uwmgdman
 
uwmgdman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
Oregon, WI
Posts: 687
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoflick
I saw an AG recipe for this here using 5.5lb Malted Wheat and 5.5lb German Pilsener and since I cant find a big enough pot to go AG by this weekend I picked up the following


3.3lb Wheat LME
3.3lb Light LME

1oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker at 60min

Weihenstephaner ale yeast

Look ok with the extract mentioned?

Thanks
Depending how much percentage wheat you want, you may want to use all Wheat LME. Wheat LME is made from a mash of roughly 1/2 barley and 1/2 wheat. Some brands may be as high as 65 wheat/35 barley (which I used in my hefeweizen).

If you want to go for a 50/50 spilt or there abouts of wheat/barley just get 6.6lb of wheat lme.......otherwise what you have will work just fine, but it will be roughly 25 wheat/75 barley. I have no idea if you could tell the difference anyway!

Enjoy the brew day!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
Cheesefood
Recipes 
 
Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Posts: 6,741
Liked 39 Times on 27 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by uwmgdman
Depending how much percentage wheat you want, you may want to use all Wheat LME. Wheat LME is made from a mash of roughly 1/2 barley and 1/2 wheat. Some brands may be as high as 65 wheat/35 barley (which I used in my hefeweizen).

If you want to go for a 50/50 spilt or there abouts of wheat/barley just get 6.6lb of wheat lme.......otherwise what you have will work just fine, but it will be roughly 25 wheat/75 barley. I have no idea if you could tell the difference anyway!

Enjoy the brew day!
I agree...go all wheat DME. Don't worry abotu the AG recipe, Wheat DME is pre-mixed with 60% wheat and 40% barley. (or is it vice-versa?)
__________________
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Chairman Cheyco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Calgary
Posts: 3,244
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Wheat DME is pre-mixed with 60% wheat and 40% barley. (or is it vice-versa?)

It varies with the brand.

I also vote for 100% wheat DME.


__________________
Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dunkles Weissbier Weihenstephaner Dunkel Clone McTarnamins Homebrew Ale Recipes 48 03-26-2016 03:55 AM
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier Clone??? mroberts1204 Recipes/Ingredients 28 02-20-2016 02:48 AM
Weihenstephaner Original - Recipe? korndog Recipes/Ingredients 35 02-15-2015 03:24 AM
Weihenstephaner Vitus? Whisler85 Recipes/Ingredients 3 03-09-2009 05:55 PM
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel clone? Eskram Recipes/Ingredients 6 08-30-2005 08:07 PM


Forum Jump